Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
True. Being born to it, in some way shape or form, has always made the button easier--and faster--to attain.

This was especially true during the Gotti era Gambinos. Everybody who was even halfway related to someone close to the administration was getting their kid made at 25.

To be honest, it was ridiculous. Look at Craig DePalma. Poor kid.

That story truly is one of the most depressing true crime stories out there. And that's saying something. And you know that's not a dig at you PB

Why would I take that as a dig, Chop?

Greg was a horrible human being. Now, there are moralists on the boards who say that they're all "bad guys." And from a legal point of view, that might be true. But from a moral point of view? Not even close.

They're just like anyone else. Some of them are okay, some of them are assholes, and some of them are truly "bad" guys. Greg was the latter. He didn't have a jovial side and a larger than life personality. That's how Garcia may have described him in his book, but Garcia was bringing him money every week (courtesy of the FBI). But if Greg wasn't earning off you, he didn't even smile at you. And God forbid you weren't with anyone, and he decided that he wanted a piece of you? He was one of the biggest bullies I've ever seen come out of that world. And not to sound like an asshole, but I've seen a lot of them.

I don't even think he'd mind me posting this, and I may have told it before anyway. But Greg had an older son, too. He was older than Craig but still a few years younger than I am. He was a funeral director for a few years. So even though I had known him a little bit before, after he got his director's license I got to know him very well because I was already working for the union at that point.

Anyway, he's a very nice guy, but he wanted NO PART of his father's world. And because of that, Greg cut him out of his fucking life. Because the kid didn't want to be a fucking mob guy! Craig saw that, didn't want to repeat the cycle and "let his father down," so he allowed Greg to shove him into the life. And now he's fucking dead.

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
you know you're my favorite retiree wink

Now, that was a shot lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.