GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Havana, Ciment), 460 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,447
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,435
Posts1,060,923
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: getthesenets] #839154
04/26/15 10:44 AM
04/26/15 10:44 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Lot of very power and influential people in that LGBT community, so this is just how it is.

And a bottomless pit of money, mostly from the Hollywood elite. That's why I said the culture war is over. That's as far as the gays go. But this androgyny crap is an entirely different story.

There are gay men in this country that are a lot more conservative than you'd think. And most of them don't want to be lumped in with a bunch of trannies who had their junk cut off.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839156
04/26/15 10:45 AM
04/26/15 10:45 AM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Hes a guy though, not a woman! There's things in life you just need to accept and get on with it. Instead of bleating on about it and turning yourself into a freak that no one will ever take seriously, grow a bigger set of balls and enjoy life

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: fergie] #839159
04/26/15 10:56 AM
04/26/15 10:56 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: fergie
grow a bigger set of balls and enjoy life

Or get them cut off. Like Bruce lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: XDCX] #839201
04/26/15 01:24 PM
04/26/15 01:24 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: XDCX
I have nothing against the LGBT community. I do feel they are a little heavy handed in their tactics, but overall, I say live and let live.

I'm not a religious person, but I would be opposed to the LGBT community trying to impose their will on churches. Separation of church and state works both ways: the government can't institute a "national religion", and gays shouldn't be able to force religious institutions to perform gay marriage ceremonies. It is fundamentally against their belief system (right or wrong), which makes it unconstitutional to force them to perform these ceremonies.

The problem is that they are imposing their beliefs on others. Kindergarteners are now being taught about LGBT and as they advance they are being taught LGBT sex acts. They go after Christian businesses and not only shut them down, but some threaten them with arson and death. In Oregon a Christian baker was not only forced to close her business, a judge recommended that she pay $135,000 -- an amount so high that she and her family will be forced to live in poverty. When supporters started a crowdfunding campaign on GoFundMe, GoFundMe shut it down. LGBT extremists have gone after several other Christian business owners, but as far as I know I have heard of a single case where a gay couple demanded that a Muslim bakery cater to them. LGBT activists have also tried to rewrite American history and put in school textbooks, like claiming that Abraham Lincoln was gay. There are plenty of other examples where they FORCE their beliefs on others.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Faithful1] #839218
04/26/15 02:34 PM
04/26/15 02:34 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
The problem is that they are imposing their beliefs on others. Kindergarteners are now being taught about LGBT and as they advance they are being taught LGBT sex acts. They go after Christian businesses and not only shut them down, but some threaten them with arson and death. In Oregon a Christian baker was not only forced to close her business, a judge recommended that she pay $135,000 -- an amount so high that she and her family will be forced to live in poverty. When supporters started a crowdfunding campaign on GoFundMe, GoFundMe shut it down. LGBT extremists have gone after several other Christian business owners, but as far as I know I have heard of a single case where a gay couple demanded that a Muslim bakery cater to them. LGBT activists have also tried to rewrite American history and put in school textbooks, like claiming that Abraham Lincoln was gay. There are plenty of other examples where they FORCE their beliefs on others.

There are extremists on every side of every argument, be it "creationism vs. evolution" or "traditional marriage vs. gay marriage." As I stated, I'm not religious, and my religious friends and family members respect that and don't try to force their beliefs on me. But then there are incidents where someone will try to force their beliefs on me, and it pisses me off. So I can understand the outrage at those in the LGBT community trying to force their agenda on the masses. It's one thing to promote equality. It's an entirely different thing to go out of one's way to harm or negatively affect someone who doesn't agree with them. So I'm with you on that, but I'd also extend that anger towards any sort of extremist.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839222
04/26/15 02:43 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Wonder what this guy thinks about all this?..

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: XDCX] #839223
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: XDCX
There are extremists on every side of every argument, be it "creationism vs. evolution" or "traditional marriage vs. gay marriage." As I stated, I'm not religious, and my religious friends and family members respect that and don't try to force their beliefs on me. But then there are incidents where someone will try to force their beliefs on me, and it pisses me off. So I can understand the outrage at those in the LGBT community trying to force their agenda on the masses. It's one thing to promote equality. It's an entirely different thing to go out of one's way to harm or negatively affect someone who doesn't agree with them. So I'm with you on that, but I'd also extend that anger towards any sort of extremist.

Very well put.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Mark] #839225
04/26/15 02:51 PM
04/26/15 02:51 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

Originally Posted By: Mark
Wonder what this guy thinks about all this?..

Probably something close to this

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 04/26/15 02:53 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: thedudeabides87] #839229
04/26/15 03:16 PM
04/26/15 03:16 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest

Last edited by LittleNicky; 04/26/15 03:17 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: LittleNicky] #839231
04/26/15 03:27 PM
04/26/15 03:27 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

lol Seeing this reminds me of when I was a teenager. Back in the Madonna wanna days, I dressed up like her. My dad says to me what the hell are you wearing ya got 9 million bracelets on, ur hair looks like a wreck all over the place and who wears gloves with the fingers cut out of em. You look fuckin ridiculous. He wouldn't walk near me, he crossed the street and walked on the other side til we got to the party lol.
The funny part was that all the ppl my age were dressed the same as me lol lol

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: helenwheels] #839237
04/26/15 04:27 PM
04/26/15 04:27 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Except science shows that it is a physical condition. Trangenders have both different gene sequences in the NR3C4 and CYP17, and different brain structure in the Stria terminalis

Very interesting. I looked into what you said about how it may be a physical condition. Although many of these individuals may feel "disconnected" to their biological gender most go on to live normal lives. Only a small percentage of them actually go through with the surgery. I still believe that it is more of a developmental behavioral issue than a biological one.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839238
04/26/15 04:29 PM
04/26/15 04:29 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: bigboy
There ARE gays in the military. My daughter works for the Army and they have been instructed on how to handle and address gay couples. I don't think I've ever seen any though.
Back when I lived in NY there was a small town where a man came home and told his family that he was now "Peggy". His son, a star HS football player committed suicide. I ran into him in a grocery store one time and couldn't stop laughing. (Yes I was immature) He had on high heels and nylons and a dress and cute little purse, and stood about 6'5" with huge hands. Down here, up in Raleigh NC there is a militaria collector show several times a year. One of the dealers decided a couple years ago that he was now a female. Now he shows up in a dress, heels makeup and wigs but still sits there selling helmets, bayonets and other assorted militaria.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that most of the guys who walked into that military memorabilia store and saw the tranny holding the bayonet...did not laugh.

What a dangerous situation.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Faithful1] #839239
04/26/15 04:31 PM
04/26/15 04:31 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
"Kindergarteners are now being taught about LGBT "

What? Before puberty, no stranger should be trying to educate kids about sex in any way shape or form. That is perverted all by itself.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839240
04/26/15 04:58 PM
04/26/15 04:58 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
These days as a parent you need to constantly communicate with your kids. If you do not then they can be guinea pigs for these educators. Be aware of what these teachers are teaching and preaching. This goes for coaches too. Don't ever assume that every one of these educators have your children's best interest in mind. Most do but some don't and will try to push their ideals and beliefs on your children. Communication is the key. Be a smart parent.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: helenwheels] #839247
04/26/15 06:13 PM
04/26/15 06:13 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Except science shows that it is a physical condition. Trangenders have both different gene sequences in the NR3C4 and CYP17, and different brain structure in the Stria terminalis

For transgenders it's not all that cut and dry. Behavior can change the brain due to its neuroplasticity. Learning creates new neural pathways, so what you wrote about could be an effect and not necessarily a cause. As the old dictum says, "correlation does not necessarily imply causation."

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Faithful1] #839249
04/26/15 06:29 PM
04/26/15 06:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

For transgenders it's not all that cut and dry. Behavior can change the brain due to its neuroplasticity. Learning creates new neural pathways, so what you wrote about could be an effect and not necessarily a cause. As the old dictum says, "correlation does not necessarily imply causation."

I'm not nearly as intelligent as Faithful1. But it sounds a lot like, "What came first, the chicken or the egg?"

My opinion? People can talk themselves into believing whatever they want to fight off the self-hatred. So Faithful1's post makes a lot of sense to me.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Faithful1] #839250
04/26/15 06:33 PM
04/26/15 06:33 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest

And different gene expressions code for every mental illness from schizophrenia to OCD that result in unique, dysfunctional structures. That tells us absolutely nothing.

And there has been study whether these people have the opposite gender's brain structure- hint they didnt. NationalReview's Williamson wrote about it at length.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 04/26/15 06:33 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: LittleNicky] #839256
04/26/15 07:39 PM
04/26/15 07:39 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: getthesenets] #839258
04/26/15 07:53 PM
04/26/15 07:53 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Wow, that looks like some type of Hollywood inside joke. How prophetic. Back when that first aired, who would'a thought?

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: LittleNicky] #839263
04/26/15 09:17 PM
04/26/15 09:17 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

And different gene expressions code for every mental illness from schizophrenia to OCD that result in unique, dysfunctional structures. That tells us absolutely nothing.

And there has been study whether these people have the opposite gender's brain structure- hint they didnt. NationalReview's Williamson wrote about it at length.

yes, I've actually read 2 of Williamson's pieces on transgendered people (cox and manning), they do not dispute the studies that I mentioned, and have both been highly criticized. In fact, the Chicago Sun Times retracted the op-ed on Cox, issuing the following statement:

A recent op-ed piece we ran online that was produced by another publication initially struck as provocative.
Upon further consideration, we concluded the essay did not include some key facts and its overall tone was not consistent with what we seek to publish. The column failed to acknowledge that the American Medical Association and the American Psychological Association have deemed transgender-related care medically necessary for transgender people.

[/i]

So you'll have to understand that some of us dont consider Wiliamson's pieces canon.

And of course, the actual studies are there for anyone who would like to read them without media agenda or editorial, but for pure data

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3402034/
http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282%2807%2901228-9/abstract
http://www.journalofpsychiatricresearch.com/article/S0022-3956(10)00158-5/abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2754583/
http://m.cercor.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/09/12/cercor.bhu194.full
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306453005001770

Last edited by helenwheels; 04/26/15 09:47 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Alfa Romeo] #839264
04/26/15 09:34 PM
04/26/15 09:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Wow, that looks like some type of Hollywood inside joke. How prophetic. Back when that first aired, who would'a thought?

Brown didn't have a very long career. That had to be right after the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl in '96. Man, talk about prophetic!

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Alfanosgirl] #839265
04/26/15 09:37 PM
04/26/15 09:37 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Very interesting. I looked into what you said about how it may be a physical condition. Although many of these individuals may feel "disconnected" to their biological gender most go on to live normal lives. Only a small percentage of them actually go through with the surgery. I still believe that it is more of a developmental behavioral issue than a biological one.

I agree that it's likely a combination of development/ biology. I tend to think most things are. Like cancer or schizophrenia. You can have the genetic predisposition but never develop the condition which shows environment plays a role.

And yes, it is only a small percentage who go through with surgery. Most probably find some smaller way to incorporate these feelings into their 'straight' life. It makes me think of those old jokes about the business guy in the 3pc suit with the women's silk undies on under it. There's definitely some truth in jokes like that.

Last edited by helenwheels; 04/26/15 10:13 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839274
04/27/15 02:48 AM
04/27/15 02:48 AM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Are transgender people aware of Williamsons works? manning, but especially Cox. I think Cox make sense and I'm sure at least some transgender people would agree. Its those that are uncomfortable with Cox that I take issue with.

They no doubt would like to live without Cox, but unfortunately it's there and the sooner it's acknowledged the better.

smile

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839277
04/27/15 04:04 AM
04/27/15 04:04 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Some transgenders seem to be very comfortable with cox. Like Chaz Bono lol

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839279
04/27/15 04:37 AM
04/27/15 04:37 AM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject Helen, you've obviously devoted far more time on Cox than me.

I've just never felt the need to study Cox. wink

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839283
04/27/15 04:54 AM
04/27/15 04:54 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
fergie - I'm surprised you haven't studied more about cox. I find most guys have done intensive solitary cox lab studies from the ages of about 12 - 15. They seem to spend countless hours devoted to cox during that period wink

Last edited by helenwheels; 04/27/15 04:57 AM.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: Alfanosgirl] #839307
04/27/15 09:03 AM
04/27/15 09:03 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
These days as a parent you need to constantly communicate with your kids. If you do not then they can be guinea pigs for these educators. Be aware of what these teachers are teaching and preaching. This goes for coaches too. Don't ever assume that every one of these educators have your children's best interest in mind. Most do but some don't and will try to push their ideals and beliefs on your children. Communication is the key. Be a smart parent.

I think this is really what's at the heart of the matter. The world will continue to spin and society and pop culture will twist and turn in unpredictable ways. The things we CAN control are the ways we communicate with our family members.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: getthesenets] #839308
04/27/15 09:12 AM
04/27/15 09:12 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

I think that at the time, it was just a dig at Marcy Darcy's character....that she looked boyish or androgynous.
Maybe it was a joke about her plastic surgery and changing appearance.

Anybody who is a fan of people snapping on each other..a la Fred Sanford and Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son, Al Bundy and Marcy used to really get in some good jokes.

I was a big fan of this show and the woman who played Marcy was one of the first stars that I remember coming out. Show was funnier back when her original husband, Coach K from Duke, was on there.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: getthesenets] #839312
04/27/15 09:36 AM
04/27/15 09:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Show was funnier back when her original husband, Coach K from Duke, was on there.

I never even thought of that. They could be twins. And he was much funnier than Marcy's second husband.

Re: Bruce Jenner [Re: bigboy] #839320
04/27/15 10:08 AM
04/27/15 10:08 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Nowadays with this bullshit ultraliberal culture apparently you can expect to change your gender and everybody better be okay with it, or else...

What a shitty time and place to live in.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull