Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
That's crazy how you got hit!! No broken bones? The story about the poor dog causing all that damage and exploding (yuck) makes me very sad. RIP doggy.

Which time on the broken bones? lol Sadly the windshield hit (we were barely out of the school parking lot) has given me a rare disorder in my back that is VERY PAINFUL. I have to chew painkillers just to get out of the bed and work.

As for the van hit I got back up and went back to work like nothing happened. I was so scared, nervous and my adrenaline was pumping so fast I was just relieved to still be alive so I got up and went back to work. My co-workers were amazed. I estimate he hit me at about 20 as he was making a left turn off a major highway here and claimed he had the green light and never seen me. My co-workers were ready to beat his ass and I probably should have let them. We had the red light out due to an outage we had to have for that block so he didn't see no green light. First rule of thumb when you are flagging traffic is to never turn your back, but I had a car coming up my ass and I had to make sure they were stopping but some angel told the guy flagging the other side of the highway to holler my name and that truly saved my life. If he never hollers the van runs me slam over, bumper hitting me dead in my mid back and more than likely killing me.

That was one of many close calls over the years on a line crew. Luckily we are much safer these days lol