I question whether Michael would have gotten Immobiliare. Didn't he need the Vatican's assent? Cardinal Lamberto may have been on his side, but Lamberto was murdered. Who took his place? And, though he arranged for Lucchese to be killed, did that guarantee that all blocks to his acquisition of Immobiliare were removed? The violence at the opera house, coupled with all those assassinations that could be linked to Michael's interests, may have permanently put the kaibosh on Michael and Immobiliare.

I think the real poignancy of Michael's wail after Mary died was his realization that all of his lifetime struggles came to naught. Maybe, after a lifetime of trying to be "strong" for his family, Michael finally succumbed to weakness and despair. I think it's possible he simply walked away from the family enterprises and never left Sicily. If that happened, Vincent, whom he had anointed as "Vincent Corleone," would have made a claim for everything. I don't see Anthony as a player--the murder of his sister would have deepened his revulsion for the family business. Connie may have thought herself a player, but I doubt she would have challenged Vincent.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.