Originally Posted By: merlino
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I mean, I'd give up my job right now to be a football player, lol.

Fuck it. Working sucks. I'd rather be rich.

But seriously, I feel bad for the guys who played long ago, before this was news. Shit, even 5 years ago, this was a much bigger problem. The NFL has tried their hardest to cover up CTE and everything for YEARS. It's gross, but unsurprising. They view it as an existential threat, which may be a justified position. I think it is very possible we are witnessing the peak of the NFL right now in terms of popularity and talent. People don't want their kids to play anymore, and for good reason.

My buddy played in the superbowl with the ny jets, he didnt make shit when he played he played 4 years for them, he had to do construction in the summers, then took a job with the post office and retired and is now subbing high school and coaching football, he played with namath and still friends to this day but if he played today he would have made at least $400,000/year and he played because he loved it not to be a jagoff thug....
This is what scares me the Most as a friend said it in 15 to 20 years from now cd football be like boxin is now?? compared to how it used to be in 60 70s Or will da Pros just retire earlier and itll be a young game i sure as hell hope not i like basketball and all but it wdnt take footballs place sure as shit no soccer!!! I aree Binnie they sdnt turn football into a pussy sport keep it da same ppl gettin Millions god Imagine if the superbowl was a thing of the past..