DB, it's true, even in this day and age, LCN or no LCN, garbage guys in the NYC metro area will always run by their own set of rules. Just like towing, concrete or most local trucking outfits. All that's needed to get top headlines is one old fart with past ties and boom... Papa Smurf.
Believe me, nobody is getting rich off garbage like they used to. Waste Mismanagement fucked it all up. Those guys don't even care if their trucking division operates in the red, as long as their landfills make money. WM doesn't even operate trucks in the 5 boros anymore, they don't need to. Although it was pretty thrilling to watch Action Carting take over all their routes, trucks and equipment and put Action stickers over the WM ones. That, I enjoyed.
I could go on and on. Point is, the feds stooped to the lowest form of scum, a child molester, as their Queen for a Day. That makes me sick.
The feds went fishing in a lake that has long since been over-fished. Preet, glowed like it was the biggest thing since the Valero case. Employing the old "organized crime tentacles" quotes used in those huge cases of a time gone by. Only to have 1/3 of the defendants get the charges dismissed. And the rest all got the sweetest deals ever. Except for that Bada Bing rat... He flipped and still got a month lol.
Can't wait till Capeci's lawyers rip the details of the child molesting Hughes' case from the hands of the feds and we get to find out what jail time, if any, these cho-mo lovers gave him.