Originally Posted By: Faithful1
The story from Los Angeles was a big story here in So. Cal. In some states the police of more authority to beat the crap out of someone. I can go back several years on these cases in California and almost never is the officer charged. The only time in recent memory that a California officer was charged and convicted for a serious felony was a few years back when a Long Beach PD officer was put away after he shot at a driver. If the Tennessee woman or the thug from Arizona did that here the results might have been a lot different. Don't forget Kelly Thomas, a homeless schizophrenic was the son of a retired OC Sheriff Deputy. The officers were charged, put on trial, and found not guilty. Black Civil Rights attorney Leo Terrell called it, saying that they wouldn't be convicted.

I hear what you're saying, and the cops out there DID beat the daylights out of the guy recently who at one point was fleeing on horseback. Look at the footage of the family beating up the cops in the story I linked to, and witness how much restraint the cops used.

Like I said before, Black men who talk back to cops get shot....people of other backgrounds...whether crazed gunmen or a psycho family who pounce on cops and go for their weapons get taken in alive.