Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: bronx
the ny times story is also great i had mentioned this is a past thread.wonder how bobby b let joe dente take him..anyone know?

Pesci was working all over the neighborhood, from Amici's to Mario's to the old Ann and Tony's (the real one). Joe D set up his movie production company out west, made Bobby Manna a partner, and they worked it out amicably through Hoboken and Rudy's crew. Plus, Larry Black was still alive at the time, and I know I don't have to go into detail with you there. Suffice it to say, that was a big plus for them.

They didn't get him for nothing, though. The Gambinos earned off him a little bit right up to the early '80s. Once Joe D had Pesci officially to himself, he eventually cut him loose. Joe D wasn't a greedy guy, as far as those guys go (as I'm sure you know). For a guy who got that far in that world, he was one of the most easygoing of them that I can remember.

Wait a second wait second back up. You can't just skim over that like its nothing. Joe Pesci was an associate? That's pretty big no?