Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

As far as releasing the footage, I think if we are going to force cops to wear cameras, that the taxpayers should be able to see for themselves what percentage of incidents are not justified. I think it's only fair. When you have a program of this kind, we should be able to make a determination, after it has been in effect for a little while, whether it's worth having. And seeing the video every time something like a killing happens, would provide us taxpayers with the data we need.

Once something like that is implemented I can't guarantee but I will tell you will see arrests, complaints against the department and violent encounters will decrease. Finding out whether a police shooting is justifiable or not is a not the point, it is keeping the police accountable for all interactions.

Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

As far as recording your own encounters, I would ask the following: How often are you interacting with police that you feel it necessary to record those interactions? And if it is often, what is causing those interactions?

I am a law abiding citizen but no matter the situation I always do it

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life