Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

Yes it is reactionary. Changing the law for a few incidents (Yes, its a few, its just reported every time in national news) is reactionary. It is reactionary just like Gun Control because politicians try to exploit these tragedies to get legislation passed.

Let me ask you, if we put cameras on these cops, should we make it that every time someone is killed they release the video? What are you going to do when you find out that the vast majority of the time, the cop was acting properly?

Well it should surprise you that it is not reactionary for me, because this shooting and the one before it have nothing to do with my feelings on police cameras. They aren't changing my mind one way or the other, you are just assuming it is for some reason. I happen to record every police interaction I have for my protection and I tell people to do the same.

The video doesn't have to be released why do I have to see it? What does that have to do with anything?

That's fine.

As far as releasing the footage, I think if we are going to force cops to wear cameras, that the taxpayers should be able to see for themselves what percentage of incidents are not justified. I think it's only fair. When you have a program of this kind, we should be able to make a determination, after it has been in effect for a little while, whether it's worth having. And seeing the video every time something like a killing happens, would provide us taxpayers with the data we need.

As far as recording your own encounters, I would ask the following: How often are you interacting with police that you feel it necessary to record those interactions? And if it is often, what is causing those interactions?

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/09/15 04:09 PM.