Personally I could care less gossiping about criminals. I'm not usually interested in modern organized crime, but if I was, I don't know 'em. (Not to start an argument or anything, but humans have always been fascinating with criminals, and this is a board to discuss them). However, the moment a new poster starts fanboying or writing letters to Anthony Casso in prison, I will be the first to say that's a little different tongue

But out of respect for you guys, I will ask a non-Danny Leo related question, a two-parter. Who were the Purple Gang members that got made other than Leo and Prisco? I also wonder were they forced to kick up to one of the five families or did the families see enough recruiting potential to let them stay independent for the time being. Kinda reminds me of the old timers in Chicago scoping out the 42 gang.

I don't know much about the Purple Gang, but it seems like the guys moved in to more sophisticated rackets as they were brought in to the Genovese. I wonder if the hierarchy saw big potential for Prisco and Leo. That's a lot of foresight. Both were huge successes. Another credit to the Westside.

Last edited by BarrettM; 04/07/15 07:26 AM.