By all accounts, The Oregon Diner thing was something that really wasn't Scarfo's fault. Of course the pro-government documentaries like to paint it that way. Nicky and a few of his guys sat down in a diner after the guy got up from the seat. It doesnt seem as if they knew he was sitting there. The guy comes back and typical asshole "this is my seat, get out my seat" shit, in a public place with no designated seats. Either way, he was a big guy, was getting the best of Scarfo, was basically choking him to death and in his defense, Scarfo stabbed him with the first thing he grabbed.

And again,pro-fed docs. Nicky Scarfo & Angelo Bruno were actually pretty close according to guys like Caramandi, Tommy Del & Leonetti. And they fell out toward the end. Over AC, over Phil Testa & when Philly CN began turning on Bruno. The paperclip thing has a few different interpretations, Caramandi interprets it one way, Leonetti another and Anastasia another. Caramandi & Leonettis however doesn't seem as negative as Anastasia's view of things.

Nicky Scarfo's family, including the Piccolo's, had established themselves in AC since like the 50's. So Scarfo always had somewhat of a base there. I've come to see the "banishment to AC" thing, as more of a mob myth than anything. Again, considering how long the Piccolo's/Leonetti's/Scarfo's actually had been there.