Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
One uppers and people who always do something before you and let you know, whenever my friends brother in law and I talk about Game of Thrones he always says "Yeah well I read all the books, a while ago." My cousin was telling me about a recipe and I mentioned that I cooked something similar her response "Well I did it well over a decade ago." I read The Hobbit and I was talking about the movie with my cousin and how it was different from the book, I said I just had recently read it her response "Well I grew up reading that book."

The only way I can respond to these people is "Congratulations," because they obviously want a pat on the back or something.

Lol, I'm guilty of this. I don't mean anything by it, it's more like just letting the other person know I've been a fan of "X thing" since a long time ago, and it's usually with guys who are VERY late to the party, like "Hey I just found out there's a movie called Godfather, (or Scarface)"
Are you kidding me, have you been living under a rock the last 20 years or so?

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso