I completely agree with what Serp's been saying. First, I think that Scarfo being the homicidal maniac that everyone says is all relative. All of Scarfo's hits were legit according to the "rules". While I think the Salvi Testa hit was probably a bad move on his part in the grand scheme of things (he was a real asset to the family), it was at the end of the day legit if you take "honor" and "respect" of the life into account. I also read that Salvie was being abrasive with Scarfo and even spit in the face of Chuckie Merlino. When you start disrespecting the boss and underboss then yeah you can call that "too big for his britches". If you compare Scarfo to Anthony Gaspipe Casso, Vic Amuso, John Gotti, Gravano, etc, they make Scarfo look like the minor leagues. It's just part of the life and like Serp said, the 80s were a treacherous time. I also agree that Scarfo watched what happened to Bruno and Testa in the two years before he became boss and just seeing that would make anyone a little paranoid or quick to squash any potential threats... still within rules too! Anyways, I think for all the flack Scarfo takes for being a bad boss and all that, in my humble opinion I think he was actually one of the better ones as far LCN. Sure, different style than Bruno, but for what it's worth he was LCN and followed the rules and was all business and maintained alot of power and made a lot of money for he and the family.