Originally Posted By: blacksheep
By definition I believe a 1%er is generally a criminal. It comes from that speech where the motorcycle guy was talking about how bikers are 99% legit with 1% that screw it up. So the outlaw biker groups started with the 1% stuff.

Jesus it just keeps coming. Outlaw bike clubs did not start with the 1%er comment. They already existed and adopted the 1% as a way to say fuck you to society.

And by definition (as if) 1%er means living outside society's normal rules and generally accepted behaviors and not cooperating with police, which does not necessarily equate to breaking laws everyday and being a criminal.

To read what non-motorcycle people say about bikers is mind boggling. Imagine, if you will a guy in his 50's in a 1% mc. He is married with kids, and owns a motorcycle shop that makes him $60,000 a year. He lives in a rural area with no other 1% mc clubs. Yes that is allowed.

Life is going good and he is not into criminal activity because it would be more of a hassle than anything. He doesn't need the money. Do you think that guy looks in the mirror one day, sees his 1%er diamond tattoo and says "Man I'm not living the 1% life right, tomorrow I'm gonna go beat the local hardware store owner to death with a pipe if he doesn't pay me and the gang for protection?"

Where do you guys get this shit? Yes there are murderers, drug dealers, thieves and pimps in 1% clubs, and there are also non-criminals. It varies widely. 1%er does not mean criminal.