I've realized reporting this stuff is very fluid. There have been things ive reported, and every other oc reporter probably, that turn out wrong when further info emerges in the future.

With that said, I put that one philly 90s Merlino-Stanfa war article up (which was initially part of my Mafia Prince/Phil Leonetti autobio proposal) and in that it reported that both Chickie and Chuckie Merlino were backing Ralph Natale-Joey Merlino's power play.

Since then, I've come across contrary intelligence that I believe to be true and that's why the more recent articles on the site reference Chickie not backing the move.

Ive been told by people directly involved in the high levels of that war that Chuckie was backing Natale-Joey , but Chickie was not, counseling that Joey and Mikey Chang should go under Stanfa and "stop making waves." I don't take that to necc mean that Chickie was siding against Joey and Mikey, but telling them to pipe down and not make the power play, which wound up killing one of his kids and maiming the other

Scott Burnstein

Last edited by scottburn; 04/01/15 11:14 PM.