Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
It's was tolking of the Colacurcios in Seattle that has 100 men but maybe is exxagerated,I think if a family could be rebuilt was the Patriarca 'cause the Massachusetts 13.9%,Rhode Island 18.9% and Connecticut 18.7% was full of italians and I don't understand why the family has only 30 made men in old age,but the reasons was that NY put a freeze on the making ceremonies

The Colacurcio's probably were nothing more than a standard organized gang of which the leader just happened to have an Italian surname. Organized crime they most likely were in some way, shape or form (if we're looking for a comparison they probably veered closer towards a "Dixie mafia"-like business model), but definitely not Cosa Nostra.

Yes,and what you thinks about what I said on the Patriarcas ?

I don't know enough about the Patriarcas to be honest, so I should better keep schtum lol But what you say definitely holds merit, it is strange that a region with such a large Italian-descended population doesn't have a shitload of mobsters running around. But one thing that strikes me on New England is that the entire region seems to have its own unique sort of culture, very different from that of New York, New Jersey, Philly, Chicago or Detroit. Both Italians and Irish seem to have blended into that kind of New England atmosphere.