GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 730 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,610
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,465
Posts1,061,363
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: getthesenets] #833273
03/17/15 09:56 AM
03/17/15 09:56 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Ivy, according to your post all you want to do is brutalize people, you really think that is going to solve anything. do you have to revert to terror in the streets?

You need to wake up and pull your head out of your ass. How many businesses were burned to the ground? Now two cops shot after all the information has come forth and we all know it was a good shooting. That's "terror in the streets." The governor is a weak liberal who has tied the hands of law enforcement in dealing with these lawless protesters and restoring law and order.

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Protesters are exercising their rights under the First Amendment. Just like they did in your state when the White young man,Dillon Taylor, was shot and killed.
Until the justice system and authorities sorts it out, people don't have a definitive answer about what happens in situations between police and citizens.

The problem is, many didn't do is peacefully and lawfully. And furthermore, they've continued to do it even after we all know the shooting of Brown was justified. It's one thing to complain and protest about a shooting that is proven to have been unjustified. But the results of the investigation weren't what these protesters wanted. They don't care about the facts. The facts are becoming less and less important to many in the black community whenever there is a an officer involved shooting of a black person. Too often now, the knee-jerk reaction is to immediately play the victim/race card and buy into the BS narrative guys like Sharpton, Holder, and Obama are selling. In all these recent shootings I have seen little to no acknowledgement from them that the criminal behavior of these guys is what led to their deaths.

Quote:
Now about your "As "Blacks always do" view ,I think Mike Brown was the WRONG case to rally around or frame a serious discussion about police brutality around BUT in an(I think) totally unrelated case I read some of the same "thug who deserved to be put down" rhetoric on this board,not necessarily from you and it insulted my intelligence.
There are real street guys on this board, guys who have done time, people who are connected, and others who have read and studied about crime and criminals for years. No credible person on this board, even knowing what Trayvon's "sheet" was, would EVER consider him anything but a pussycat. I thought THIS site of all places on earth, would be the last place where I'd hear the word "thug" with TM's name.Killers who didn't rat are "stand up guys" but a little punk ass skinny kid is Triple OG menace to society ?? And he "deserved to be put down" for walking from point A to point B minding his business?
But like YOU said "people, like all too often, immediately....and start blaming....."

That's just it, not all of us are pansy liberals who run everything we think or say through a PC-filter. Granted, there are a lot of those types on this site but I'm not one of them. Treyvon Martin was hardly innocent or some martyr. He wanted to play tough guy and he attacked Zimmerman for no good reason. It would have been so easy to just turn around and say, "Hey, can I help you with something?" A quick 30 second conversation would have likely sent Zimmerman on this way. But Martin reverted to his thug mentality and went on the attack and got killed in the process. The irony of it all is, the black community complained afterward about young black guys in hoodies being stereotyped. Nevermind the fact that Trevon's behavior was a classic example of what has led to that stereotype! But did we see any recognition or acknowledgement of this from them? Or from Obama? Nope. Apparently, that would be asking too much.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: IvyLeague] #833279
03/17/15 10:31 AM
03/17/15 10:31 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Ivy,

When you get more time..I'd like to read you address some of the points I've made in the last 2 posts to you. For all your talk about pansy liberals(implying that they think like you but are afraid to say it out loud)...I've seen you flat out ignore entire passages of my posts.
It's your right to do, but by NOT acknowledging these points and either conceding them or challenging them ..the dialogue is limited and you're repeating the same things post after post.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: getthesenets] #833280
03/17/15 10:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Interesting take ,, pizza. I'd disagree though. Tomorrow in the city, St. Pat's Day is essentially an Irish American parade.The Columbus Day parade is basically the Italian American parade.West Indian Day parade.Puerto Ricans.Greeks. Several ethnicities..though we are all American....celebrate their roots openly in parades in the Big Apple. Nobody ever links these displays of cultural pride as being racist.Nor do they consider cultural clubs, civic associations, etc created by hyphen-American groups to be racist.

I'm glad you pointed that out, Gets. I was hoping you would. Liberals have been trying to ruin Columbus Day for years with their "Columbus was a terrorist" mantra. And maybe he was, who the Hell knows? But to certain Italian-American groups, well, we feel as though they're putting it on us today. Sound familiar? wink

The Black History Week, when it first started, was created because ANY reference to contributions by Black Americans to American history were omitted from history books and school curricula. If you are saying that the books should include the contributions of ALL Americans to our country and culture thereby rendering a Black History Month or any hyphen American month "obsolete"..I'd agree with you.Until that happens...BHM, Hispanic Heritage Month, etc....serve their purpose.

You're right. But it HAS morphed into some Blacks celebrating the color of their skin rather than what their actual background is (be it Nigerian or other). Now if Whites followed suit (just say the Irish, Germans, Poles, Italians, et al.) and did likewise, and just lumped themselves all together to celebrate a White History Month, well, you can see where I'm going here.

I have to say that though, in certain East Coast cities,and several cities in NJ for sure....the white ethnics were pushed out of their former ethnic enclaves by large waves of Black and later Hispanic migrants from the early 1970s on.
I'm not sure as many of the last ones living in the older neighborhoods would have moved out and assimilated otherwise.

I completely agree. I've seen firsthand the Whites who were "left behind" when their brethren, if you will, started assimilating into the suburbs. They often become bitter, racist, White Trash. What's funny is, while hating on Blacks, I've seen some of them get involved in relationships with them---think of Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball, put them on vodka and crack cocaine, and relocate them to Fordham Road. Happens all the fucking time.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: getthesenets] #833281
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy,

When you get more time..I'd like to read you address some of the points I've made in the last 2 posts to you. For all your talk about pansy liberals(implying that they think like you but are afraid to say it out loud)...I've seen you flat out ignore entire passages of my posts.
It's your right to do, but by NOT acknowledging these points and either conceding them or challenging them ..the dialogue is limited and you're repeating the same things post after post.

Like I said, if a shooting is proven to be unwarranted - which is what I assume you are referring to - then I have no problem with the black community being upset about that or the officer being charged.

But that's not what happened in Ferguson, now is it? A bad shooting somewhere else, or Holder's bogus report, doesn't justify the behavior of the protesters in Ferguson. It's that kind of victim/race-based thinking that I'm talking about.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: IvyLeague] #833287
03/17/15 10:50 AM
03/17/15 10:50 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Ivy,
I respect your opinion and anyone else's opinion as long as they respect themselves and give others respect also.

I think that people should always speak the truth as they see it. and I think it's unfair for you to assume that because you believe something, that others do also.
gonna reply to your post later when I have more time.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: IvyLeague] #833290
03/17/15 11:01 AM
03/17/15 11:01 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Ivy, according to your post all you want to do is brutalize people, you really think that is going to solve anything. do you have to revert to terror in the streets?

You need to wake up and pull your head out of your ass. How many businesses were burned to the ground? Now two cops shot after all the information has come forth and we all know it was a good shooting. That's "terror in the streets." The governor is a weak liberal who has tied the hands of law enforcement in dealing with these lawless protesters and restoring law and order.

Protesters are exercising their rights under the First Amendment. Just like they did in your state when the White young man,Dillon Taylor, was shot and killed.
Until the justice system and authorities sorts it out, people don't have a definitive answer about what happens in situations between police and citizens.

The problem is, many didn't do is peacefully and lawfully. And furthermore, they've continued to do it even after we all know the shooting of Brown was justified. It's one thing to complain and protest about a shooting that is proven to have been unjustified. But the results of the investigation weren't what these protesters wanted. They don't care about the facts. The facts are becoming less and less important to many in the black community whenever there is a an officer involved shooting of a black person. Too often now, the knee-jerk reaction is to immediately play the victim/race card and buy into the BS narrative guys like Sharpton, Holder, and Obama are selling. In all these recent shootings I have seen little to no acknowledgement from them that the criminal behavior of these guys is what led to their deaths.

Quote:
Now about your "As "Blacks always do" view ,I think Mike Brown was the WRONG case to rally around or frame a serious discussion about police brutality around BUT in an(I think) totally unrelated case I read some of the same "thug who deserved to be put down" rhetoric on this board,not necessarily from you and it insulted my intelligence.
There are real street guys on this board, guys who have done time, people who are connected, and others who have read and studied about crime and criminals for years. No credible person on this board, even knowing what Trayvon's "sheet" was, would EVER consider him anything but a pussycat. I thought THIS site of all places on earth, would be the last place where I'd hear the word "thug" with TM's name.Killers who didn't rat are "stand up guys" but a little punk ass skinny kid is Triple OG menace to society ?? And he "deserved to be put down" for walking from point A to point B minding his business?
But like YOU said "people, like all too often, immediately....and start blaming....."

That's just it, not all of us are pansy liberals who run everything we think or say through a PC-filter. Granted, there are a lot of those types on this site but I'm not one of them. Treyvon Martin was hardly innocent or some martyr. He wanted to play tough guy and he attacked Zimmerman for no good reason. It would have been so easy to just turn around and say, "Hey, can I help you with something?" A quick 30 second conversation would have likely sent Zimmerman on this way. But Martin reverted to his thug mentality and went on the attack and got killed in the process. The irony of it all is, the black community complained afterward about young black guys in hoodies being stereotyped. Nevermind the fact that Trevon's behavior was a classic example of what has led to that stereotype! But did we see any recognition or acknowledgement of this from them? Or from Obama? Nope. Apparently, that would be asking to

you are the one who needs to pull his head out of his ass. man, you sound like you are over the edge, do you know what you are saying?

man, you sound like a klansman.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: getthesenets] #833296
03/17/15 11:19 AM
03/17/15 11:19 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
F1,

Stating the history of this country regarding Blacks is one thing, but I think that listing these as excuses for where a lot of Black people are TODAY is inaccurate.

I think that more than anything external, our attitudes about education have done us the most damage.Immigrants, whether they be from foreign lands or from southern parts of this country, go places seeking work..any kind of work.Ideally, they are to encourage their children to do better, learn more, and go further than they did. There's a direct correlation between cultural/ethnic/national attitudes about education and the progress of any ethnic group in America....with a few exceptions of course.The Irish, famously and smartly, rose through entering and dominating civil service and politics.

Black people who have progressed here are going to be those from families that stress education and entrepreneurship.

After the "Great Migration" of Blacks from the South, and accompanying waves of Caribbean Blacks...plenty of Blacks did what they had to do to provide for their families and encouraged their kids to take advantage of education and professional opportunities. There WERE plenty who did NOT though and generation after generation...people content to be doing the same types of things.Nothing necessarily wrong with that....BUT....when a lot of the manufacturing jobs dried up , people who hadn't been encouraged to see value in education or owning businesses were stuck.

Without formal education, vocational training, a union to protect your interests, or a business of your own....worker in this country is stuck. Big business will just hire the new immigrants and pay them a fraction of a living wage for an American worker.

You would think that the children and grandchildren of the VERY migrants who were the "new immigrants" decades ago that big business exploited, would not put themselves in such situations, but I'm not sure that this part of history is known to them.

Anyway, that's my take...was gonna add it to the great migration thread but thought it fit here.

I agree with you. Wasn't making excuses for bad behavior, but stating the history and while the past can't be changed it can be forgotten.

At any rate, there's a story about Southern California Edison (the major electric company here) forcing out workers and replacing them with immigrants who will work for lower wages. Who has been in support of these policies that allowed this to happen? Democrat politicians, RINO Republicans like Jeb Bush, big businesses, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Bill Gates, Rupert Murdoch, etc. Who gets hurt? American workers. The same American worker who voted to put those politicians in office who support the policies that caused them to lose their jobs.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: pizzaboy] #833298
03/17/15 11:53 AM
03/17/15 11:53 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Pizza,

1.the Sopranos scene about this exact issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSlX36QP_po

...was filmed right in Newark Washington park. I passed by the statue all the time in high school going to the main library

I've got the impression, and surely I'm not qualified to confirm it, just as an outsider that complaining or being concerned with outside perceptions is not a top priority for Italian Americans. Assimilation and succeeding in America take precedence over those things.
When groups have stood up to other things smearing Italians or brought up past issues(Italian Americans in internment camps during WW2,mafia films, jersey shore, ethnic slurs in media) I never remember them getting much public support from American Italians.

It's not complaining, it's just calling for your group to be respected as other groups are respected. I think existing civic organizations should NOT take it & fight back and that the public needs to support the push back...and EDUCATE the public with your version of the story.

2. I think in countries where Whites are the minority, you might have instances of whites doing exactly that.

3. When groups of people are living together, eventually they are going to date each other,regardless of any racial rhetoric about hating this group or that group.One of the guys in the Bensonhurt group that attacked Yusef Hawkins, had a Black girlfriend.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Faithful1] #833301
03/17/15 12:25 PM
03/17/15 12:25 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
I agree with you. Wasn't making excuses for bad behavior, but stating the history and while the past can't be changed it can be forgotten.

At any rate, there's a story about Southern California Edison (the major electric company here) forcing out workers and replacing them with immigrants who will work for lower wages. Who has been in support of these policies that allowed this to happen? Democrat politicians, RINO Republicans like Jeb Bush, big businesses, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Bill Gates, Rupert Murdoch, etc. Who gets hurt? American workers. The same American worker who voted to put those politicians in office who support the policies that caused them to lose their jobs.

agree on both counts

Powerful interests, in this case big business, spend money to help shape public perception about things. They have talk show hosts who are magically able to convince American workers that certain policies will benefit them..and that "the evil liberals" or "the corporate conservatives" are the enemy. We fall for this shell game time and time and time again. And they LAUGH at US.

If I convince you that this Bogey man is the enemy...I don't have to actually do ANYTHING for you...I can just keep pointing out the Bogey man.If you don't have lobby fighting for your interest...I can keep you dancing on a string like a puppet.

I think that Obama used this tactic in the Ferguson case.Black people are not doing well under his presidency and some of the comments issued and actions taken by the admin. over Ferguson read like CLASSIC shell game. A grand distraction. And we fell for it.He counted on one "side" of the issue reacting the way they did to the administration's comments and actions...and right on cue...there is the Bogeyman that he uses to manipulate the other "side" of the issue.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: cheech] #833303
03/17/15 12:47 PM
03/17/15 12:47 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech
worst holiday of the year today. maybe worst day of the year.

I came to get down/
I came to get down/

so get out your seats and Jump Around..jump jump.jump

smile

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: getthesenets] #833320
03/17/15 02:19 PM
03/17/15 02:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pizza,

1.the Sopranos scene about this exact issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSlX36QP_po

...was filmed right in Newark Washington park.

I hated that episode, and it has nothing to do with the political aspect. Nothing at all. But I thought it was one of the slowest moving episodes--if not THE slowest--of the series. And it's weird because I've read reviews that were quite the contrary. But I still don't get it.

I came to get down/
I came to get down/

so get out your seats and Jump Around..jump jump.jump

smile

What is that, 1992?

Cheech was jumping around the bouncy house at the McDonalds on I95 in Branford tongue grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833386
03/18/15 08:05 AM
03/18/15 08:05 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
This may be above, but I didn't see it. Just wanted to attach the full DOJ report on the Michael Brown incident:

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fil...ael_brown_1.pdf

Ironically, Officer Wilson could end up with the biggest civil rights claim of all in this thing.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833400
03/18/15 10:42 AM
03/18/15 10:42 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

you are the one who needs to pull his head out of his ass. man, you sound like you are over the edge, do you know what you are saying?

man, you sound like a klansman.

I'm over the edge and a klansman because I want law and order and not lawless rioting, looting, and attacks on police officers? Because that's what we've gotten so far with your approach.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/18/15 10:42 AM.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833418
03/18/15 12:14 PM
03/18/15 12:14 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
ok, your opinion.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833451
03/18/15 03:11 PM
03/18/15 03:11 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
ok, your opinion.

Its not an opinion, its "taking your head outta your ass" and looking at the situation with even a little bit of common sense, although from reading your posts its painfully obvious that you dont have any.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: pizzaboy] #833478
03/18/15 08:26 PM
03/18/15 08:26 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I hated that episode, and it has nothing to do with the political aspect. Nothing at all. But I thought it was one of the slowest moving episodes--if not THE slowest--of the series. And it's weird because I've read reviews that were quite the contrary. But I still don't get it.

What is that, 1992?
Cheech was jumping around the bouncy house at the McDonalds on I95 in Branford tongue grin.

I've only caught a few episodes here and there....mainly just to spot places that I know in the scenery..going to watch that episode soon though.

Yeah, I'm gonna assume that the "Jump Around" song has been replaced by the song that Scorcese made famous by using it in the Departed.
"Shipping Up to Boston" is the new anthem.There was a running joke that there are certain hip hop songs...as soon as you hear them in a club...etc....somebody was about to get robbed.
The Shipping Up song....I always feel that if you're at a pub..and that song starts playing and you are NOT Irish..time to leave..pay for your drinks and get out..something is about to happen.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: IvyLeague] #833480
03/18/15 08:46 PM
03/18/15 08:46 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Like I said, if a shooting is proven to be unwarranted - which is what I assume you are referring to - then I have no problem with the black community being upset about that or the officer being charged.

But that's not what happened in Ferguson, now is it? A bad shooting somewhere else, or Holder's bogus report, doesn't justify the behavior of the protesters in Ferguson. It's that kind of victim/race-based thinking that I'm talking about.

Ivy I'd take you at your word and agree with some of the points you made but I think that you are guilty of the same thing you accuse the "Black people" of. Namely making up your mind before the facts are revealed and then holding on those views regardless of the facts.

"Thug who deserved to be shot down" is how you describe Mike Brown based on his actions...specifically robbery and assault in a store and assaulting and fighting with a police officer.

How would you characterize a man who was allegedly arrested in 2005 for "assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence" and who has been arrested twice in the past 3 years after domestic violence incidents?

Last edited by getthesenets; 03/18/15 09:31 PM.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: getthesenets] #833508
03/19/15 06:42 AM
03/19/15 06:42 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy I'd take you at your word and agree with some of the points you made but I think that you are guilty of the same thing you accuse the "Black people" of. Namely making up your mind before the facts are revealed and then holding on those views regardless of the facts.

"Thug who deserved to be shot down" is how you describe Mike Brown based on his actions...specifically robbery and assault in a store and assaulting and fighting with a police officer.

The facts in both the Brown and Martin cases are now known.

Quote:
How would you characterize a man who was allegedly arrested in 2005 for "assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence" and who has been arrested twice in the past 3 years after domestic violence incidents?

Sounds like the same type of thug to me.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/19/15 06:42 AM.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833514
03/19/15 07:25 AM
03/19/15 07:25 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Get, you wrote,

"Namely making up your mind before the facts are revealed and then holding on those views regardless of the facts"

The problem I see is that some people never even bother to read the facts. Although it is made available to everyone to read they refuse to or don't have the interest or intellect to comprehend them. They instead have already made up their minds. This is largely due by the narrative push down on them by guys like Holder, Obama, Sharpton and Jackson and other race baiter.

As for your question,

"How would you characterize a man who was allegedly arrested in 2005 for "assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence" and who has been arrested twice in the past 3 years after domestic violence incidents?"

That answer is simple, what was the outcome of those arrest? Was he found guilty? If so, then he's a low life thug and a punk who beats on woman. Why that example Get?.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Beanshooter] #833665
03/20/15 10:45 AM
03/20/15 10:45 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Get, you wrote,

"Namely making up your mind before the facts are revealed and then holding on those views regardless of the facts"

The problem I see is that some people never even bother to read the facts. Although it is made available to everyone to read they refuse to or don't have the interest or intellect to comprehend them. They instead have already made up their minds. This is largely due by the narrative push down on them by guys like Holder, Obama, Sharpton and Jackson and other race baiter.

Fair enough point. OK. First let's remove Obama,Holder, and Sharpton from the equation for a second and get at the root.

Somebody with more knowledge can correct or clarify, but for example, the history, location, and perhaps isolation of Sicily influenced some of the general attitudes about outside authority.I've read that omerta was born out of this history.

Well, until roughly 1965..Blacks in this country really didn't have equal protection under the law. The lynching of American citizens and then their families having NO legal recourse, for example.Some famous cases of "Blacks being convicted of crimes that they were pardoned for years later(after death) Most of this is documented and surely you've seen images of cops roughing up Black women and kids during civil rights protests.Anyway, with very good reason there developed a fear of police officers and a mistrust of the legal system that developed in general among Black people in this country between 1865-1965.Between then and now some infamous cases of police brutality and cops not being indicted or not guilty verdicts. Rodney King verdict comes to mind. Oscar Grant was shot while lying on his stomach with arms behind back. Eric Garner and the non indictment ruling happened since the shooting of Mike Brown.
Those cases are significant to this discussion because all the facts came out....entire world saw video footage..legal process was completed and cops walked. (oscar grant case, cop did 2 years).
Black immigrants, who may not have had the same history and legacy here...saw the public cases of Abner Louima(Caribbean) and Amadou Diallo(African) and other cases and formulated their own views about police and legal system.

I wrote all that to say that any police protest is born out of the history of Black people's experience with law enforcement and legal system.
Any police protest is about more than just the person who was the latest person beaten or killed and, seeing how many of the past cases have turned out,people are wary of the legal system.I think the reluctance of the PD to release the police report of the incident had more to do with people thinking "here we go again" than what any public figure did or said.

Obama,Garder, and Sharpton aren't wizards or hypnotists.But in the polarized world of 2015..people automatically pick sides..."Cop is right I don't care what anybody says"vs "Cop was wrong I don't care what anybody says".Media exploits both sides for ratings.And predictably both sides ignore any facts that don't support their preconceived notions and jump up when they hear things that confirm their beliefs.

Rational people try to find facts underneath the noise and sensationalism. Most rational people can have civil discussions about even volatile topics. Media doesn't make money promoting civil rational discussions so you won't find any on tv/radio about Ferguson.

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

As for your question,

"How would you characterize a man who was allegedly arrested in 2005 for "assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence" and who has been arrested twice in the past 3 years after domestic violence incidents?"

That answer is simple, what was the outcome of those arrest? Was he found guilty? If so, then he's a low life thug and a punk who beats on woman. Why that example Get?.

Police almost always have discretion to arrest a person using whatever guidelines they operate under and the seriousness of the crime. Each of the three times, cops opted to place the person under arrest.

-First charges are felonies, and charges were either dropped or reduced *
-Both domestic related charges where dropped once the victims either refused to cooperate or recanted the story

*His father was a Supreme Court magistrate in another state, so..?

The example being used is George Zimmerman. I used it because I wanted to clarify whether we were all basing our judgements of people on their ACTIONS or other things. The charges involving assault on police were known during the Trayvon Martin case. The arrests for domestic incidents happened afterwards.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: getthesenets] #833670
03/20/15 10:56 AM
03/20/15 10:56 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The example being used is George Zimmerman. I used it because I wanted to clarify whether we were all basing our judgements of people on their ACTIONS or other things. The charges involving assault on police were known during the Trayvon Martin case. The arrests for domestic incidents happened afterwards.

Except what Zimmerman did before or after of is immaterial to the discussion here. We have to go by their sole actions on the night Zimmerman followed him and Treyvon attacked him and got shot.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833673
03/20/15 11:01 AM
03/20/15 11:01 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Same about Michael Brown. He beat on a cop, refused to stop and then charged at the offficer. I am not mentioning the fact that he bullied, assaulted and stole from a local merchant before the confrontation with the cop.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Dellacroce] #833702
03/20/15 12:51 PM
03/20/15 12:51 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
ok, your opinion.

Its not an opinion, its "taking your head outta your ass" and looking at the situation with even a little bit of common sense, although from reading your posts its painfully obvious that you dont have any.

I hate to be the one to tell you this young man, but your posts prove also that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, perhaps you should read more.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull