Press release for Episode 2:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep2week14/mafia-trevor-mcdonald

Ron Previte is in it.

Trevor also meets notorious gangster Ron Previte at a garage in Philadelphia. A one-time corrupt cop, Previte raked in millions with the mob before betraying them by giving evidence in a deal with the FBI in the 1990s, which brought down the biggest mafia figures in the city.

Previte denies there was any loyalty in the mafia. He says: “It’s bulls**t, the only code is make what you can get. Take what you can get. You have to protect what you have. When you’re with them people how do you protect it? What are you going to do, sue them? You gotta use violence, you gotta crack them. You got to put his head under the hood of a car and rip his skin off and give him a shave. That’s what you have to do.”

He claims the FBI paid him over a million dollars to wear a wire.“It seemed like a good deal at the time. I still wish I didn’t do it because I’d still be out there doing crime. You can’t get rid of that gene. You can’t get an operation. The FBI threw so much money at me and I am very weak for money. But all these guys trying to tell you they are reformed? I’m here to tell you they are liars.”

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.