GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lana), 447 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,892
Members10,349
Most Online992
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #817620
12/07/14 04:01 PM
12/07/14 04:01 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Pizza Chicago is only 9/10 hours maybe from MS? Depending on which city of course. It's one of those natural progression type deals when people end up in the Southern ports and go North.

You listen to some folks and we are still racist down here but it couldn't be further from the truth. I'd say the different races get along better here in the South than they do anywhere now.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: dixiemafia] #817621
12/07/14 04:03 PM
12/07/14 04:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I'd say the different races get along better here in the South than they do anywhere now.

I absolutely agree with this. You've been living with each other for the longest time. It makes sense.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: pizzaboy] #817650
12/07/14 05:42 PM
12/07/14 05:42 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Yes ( GDs & VLs the majority statewide) and Yes. It goes back to blacks leaving Mississippi for jobs in the Chicago area and due to the gang culture within the city was affected by it. Plenty of stories of gangs going into black communities harassing and assaulting blacks. Therefore blacks created clubs which later on turned criminal and migrate back to MS state ( mainly family reunions, parents don't want their kids harmed/killed, and business). Chicago black mobs been networking with Mississippi since the 70s. I could say it like this ; The Old Country is to LCN while the South is to Chicago/ L.A/ N.Y organizations.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: BlackFamily] #817653
12/07/14 05:45 PM
12/07/14 05:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
All I know is, Jimmy Buffett's from Pascagoula. And he's so laid back that racism doesn't stand a chance in that state anymore grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #817697
12/07/14 11:06 PM
12/07/14 11:06 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
I concur with everyone above. This whole thing that the south is still racist is a giant myth. If anything living in the North all my life has taught that most of these white extreme liberals have no idea how to interact or treat blacks like regular people. They always gotta bring up race and twist it into a non issue. It's like Mike from All in the Family. Every time he saw Lionel he had to make everything into a 'black and white' problem. For fuck's sake sometimes we forget people are people.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832422
03/11/15 10:25 PM
03/11/15 10:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
2 policemen shot in Ferguson.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: olivant] #832470
03/12/15 09:20 AM
03/12/15 09:20 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: olivant
2 policemen shot in Ferguson.

Where's the outrage? Oh wait, forgot if it's black on white it's not racist!

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832550
03/12/15 03:00 PM
03/12/15 03:00 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
I watched footage this morning,5.30am gmt,in which the black tv presenter at the scene got basically mugged and ran away, on camera, by 2 black guys. They then started looking about, dead close up in front of camera, trying to steal all the gear. MLK must be turning in his grave because of these twisted,lazy assholes who are all an embarrassment to ANY civil rights movement. There's too many people like this, TOO MANY, who continually drag down and encourage the majority to believe it's just persicution. An 18mile, circular drive by around fergusson sounds like the answer..start again and get it right

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832551
03/12/15 03:07 PM
03/12/15 03:07 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
I didn't really mean the last comment, before any one starts shooting in their pants, but it needs a serious overhaul

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: fergie] #832570
03/12/15 04:22 PM
03/12/15 04:22 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: fergie
I didn't really mean the last comment, before any one starts shooting in their pants, but it needs a serious overhaul

No, you had it right the first time, Fergie. I said it in the other thread. Put up an electric fence and leave them to their own devices. It'll take less than a week to prove that Darwin was right about everything. And by that, I'm just speaking of survival of the fittest. Because I firmly believe in God, but that's not relevant to the conversation.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832584
03/12/15 04:53 PM
03/12/15 04:53 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
I was just trying to cover my ass, as everyone has to these days when it comes to race nonsense...!

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832589
03/12/15 05:07 PM
03/12/15 05:07 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
In the UK we have an underclass (of every race) of lazy, pointless scroungers who's only achievable goal is to breed and subsequently dodge and cheat mainstream society,but at the same time has the audacity to blame that same society for their own worthlessness...total scumbags. Fergusson is just a small example in the US. People are sick and tired paying for this every day,having to sit silently under the threat of political correctness etc

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832714
03/13/15 10:03 AM
03/13/15 10:03 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Ferguson is going through a rough social event but it's not like East St.Louis people. It's a small city just like my hometown and it will cool off. Just the community/police relations aren't on the same page yet.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832721
03/13/15 10:58 AM
03/13/15 10:58 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
The cooling off period could be many years, especially if the flames of anger and discontent are continuously being ignited by outside agitators. So far, the President, AG Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and anarchists have not only inflamed tensions but given demonstrators a false narrative to be angry about. Now, even thought the Justice Dept. says that "hands up, don't shoot" never happened, some people are coming with claiming that it doesn't matter if he never said it but that it's a metaphor for police violence. The problem is, there was no unjustified police violence in this case!

In the meantime, what are Obama, Holder and Sharpton doing to help put this community back together? Nothing. Holder wants to break up the police department and replace it with outside police, yet the police who were shot were outside police. The agitators don't care about Ferguson police, they don't like ALL police, so outside police agencies won't fix the problem. Besides that, Obama, Holder and Sharpton are doing nothing for all those business owners whose businesses were destroyed and all the jobs that were lost.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...on-tragedy.html

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Faithful1] #832729
03/13/15 11:53 AM
03/13/15 11:53 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
The cooling off period could be many years, especially if the flames of anger and discontent are continuously being ignited by outside agitators. So far, the President, AG Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and anarchists have not only inflamed tensions but given demonstrators a false narrative to be angry about. Now, even thought the Justice Dept. says that "hands up, don't shoot" never happened, some people are coming with claiming that it doesn't matter if he never said it but that it's a metaphor for police violence. The problem is, there was no unjustified police violence in this case!

In the meantime, what are Obama, Holder and Sharpton doing to help put this community back together? Nothing. Holder wants to break up the police department and replace it with outside police, yet the police who were shot were outside police. The agitators don't care about Ferguson police, they don't like ALL police, so outside police agencies won't fix the problem. Besides that, Obama, Holder and Sharpton are doing nothing for all those business owners whose businesses were destroyed and all the jobs that were lost.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...on-tragedy.html

Amen to that.

Holder would have loved to pin something on Wilson. He couldn't so he decided to go after everyone else. His BS report about Ferguson has simply made the black protesters (and their elite white and black instigators) feel justified.

The irony is, like Charles Barkley said, imagine how bad things would be in those black neighborhoods if it wasn't for the cops. Talk about ingratitude. It's never, ever about owning up to Brown and others in their midst being thugs and criminals. It's always about blaming the white man. This victim mentality, spoon-fed to them by the liberal white elite for years, is the worst enemy of the black community.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832757
03/13/15 02:41 PM
03/13/15 02:41 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Also wanted to add an update on ferguson business owners:
http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/news/369...y-missouri-city

- African Proverb
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832764
03/13/15 03:35 PM
03/13/15 03:35 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
@Ivy "This victim mentality, spoon-fed to them by the liberal white elite for years, is the worst enemy of the black community"

Totally agree, although Id go further and say theres no excuse for falling for it. Individuals make up a society and, at the end of the day, we're all spoon fed bullshit to varying degrees, but its either about how much you use it as an excuse for your own failings or how much you ignore it as nonsense and get on with your life.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: BlackFamily] #832770
03/13/15 03:46 PM
03/13/15 03:46 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Also wanted to add an update on ferguson business owners:
http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/news/369...y-missouri-city

The article said that business owners have access to $650,000 in interest free loans. That's not for each business owner but all of them. That's the price of a middle class home in southern California. Why are they being offered loans anyway? Theyre going to have to pay those back and the environment is still iffy. They need grants not loans. The rioting could have been prevented and government inaction allowed while government leaders provoked it.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832780
03/13/15 04:13 PM
03/13/15 04:13 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
@ faithfull, the rioters caused the damage to local businesses, no one else. The local community/business owners etc should be working closely with law enforcement to bring those responsible to justice - I would if it was my business.

Surely if you're livelihood had been destroyed by local assholes its the first thing you would do. THATS where it has to start. These are, as the article says, zero % loans. Most property insurance policies wont cover your home for rioting or offer any sort of loan, far less a private business, so they are lucky any funds are being made available (and I appreciate the nightmare they must be going through) but why should the tax payer cover the cost? What about next time, next place? Again, everybody needs to play their part in that particular town, shoulder the blame and make sure it never happens again - and stop screaming about false persecution. Its getting boring....

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832789
03/13/15 04:55 PM
03/13/15 04:55 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
You get businesses to invest in bad areas by giving them tax breaks or they won't invest there. It gives job opportunities for people in that area that would not have them other wise.

But then you have people who love to shit where they eat.

only the unloved hate
Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832794
03/13/15 05:19 PM
03/13/15 05:19 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Totally agree footreads, and tax breaks may have been given, but obviously granted on the basis of risk and both parties know the score, so when shit happens, thats it. Life's a bitch.

Now, theres a seperate arguement about the government maintaining some form of infrastructure in communities, but really thats just down to public services which Im sure they fulfill (for free to most I imagine in Fergusson), but subsidising private business indefinetly as a result of crime is nonsense. Again, as an anaolgy, if youre determined to shit in your own house, you need to start cleaning it up at some point

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: fergie] #832797
03/13/15 05:29 PM
03/13/15 05:29 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: fergie
@ faithfull, the rioters caused the damage to local businesses, no one else. The local community/business owners etc should be working closely with law enforcement to bring those responsible to justice - I would if it was my business.

Surely if you're livelihood had been destroyed by local assholes its the first thing you would do. THATS where it has to start. These are, as the article says, zero % loans. Most property insurance policies wont cover your home for rioting or offer any sort of loan, far less a private business, so they are lucky any funds are being made available (and I appreciate the nightmare they must be going through) but why should the tax payer cover the cost? What about next time, next place? Again, everybody needs to play their part in that particular town, shoulder the blame and make sure it never happens again - and stop screaming about false persecution. Its getting boring....

I read the article. The fact is that the governor's ineptitude let the rioting happen by not providing the National Guard when the mayor asked for it, so in my book the governor has a great deal of responsibility in this. The loans are just too little too late. Footreads's idea of tax breaks is a step in the right direction, but more needs to be done or forget business in Ferguson and the city loses its tax base altogether. If that's the case then PB's idea makes more sense.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832802
03/13/15 05:50 PM
03/13/15 05:50 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Deploying the National Guard isn't a decision that anyone could find easy, theres huge implications and precedents set after the fact if thats done, its not just a case of asking and getting. You must understand that.

Loans and tax breaks? I appreciate you cant just leave a community, but I feel more needs to be done BY the community, rather than just throwing money at it. Id much rather see money spent investing in genuine projects, helping local voluntary agencies who know the score. Its a bottomless pit if you just throw cash at businesses, they, at the end of the day, are obliged to make money, not help the community

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: dixiemafia] #832803
03/13/15 05:51 PM
03/13/15 05:51 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
ok ...directed at some points brought up here, not at anyone

Charles Barkley?Is the same Charles Barkley who was quoted before as saying "that's why I HATE white people" and variations of the same sentiment...is HE the one being quoted now by...... drum roll please........."white people"?
What Barkley oversimplified would be like telling people who complain about grievances with the U.S.govt. to go live somewhere with no government or to another country. The 1980s bumper sticker slogan "America, love it or leave it" Is that where we are ?
It blatantly misses the point.
Those who think the protest in Ferguson is 100% or even 5% street thugs...do you see the clergy out there?
You don't think there are taxpayers out there with legitimate grievances about the police force and the justice system?They are expressing THEIR anger over things that are bigger than MB getting shot.They feel that they are channeling their anger in a constructive way by marching and holding banners. Thug element is hiding behind the legitimacy of LEGAL civil disobedience and protest to settle scores and do what they always do(ruin the community for the taxpayers who have to live among them)
Until or unless it happens to you, very easy to lump all of those voices together and disregard all of them.

I think the issues and problems in our (Black) communities are more complex than what the leaders are equipped to deal with. African American,Caribbean, continental African alike the religious leaders are the de facto leaders of the community.I've written here before that organized religion and how it's practiced helps and hinders Black people in different ways....mostly hinders.

Obama,Holder, and especially Sharpton have nothing to do with the looting, rioting, or shootings,neither do outside agitators. Since the late 1960s there have been episodes of rioting and looting as a reaction to tensions between Black people and police/judicial system.Things generally turn the ugliest following police being acquitted of charges. The lip service that Obama & Holder paid to the case all along and the token investigation findings and firings seemed to have been done to actually mollify the protesters and to quiet them down. Even in the chaos of high tension protests , the shooting of the officers AFTER the firings/resignations don't make sense or follow the pattern of these types of events.

I read that Sharpton was booed off the stage at funeral service for MB and that the people of Ferguson have made it known that they didn't want him involved, so what he has to do with the violence that took place I will never know.

Same way that thugs co-opted the protests in Ferguson for their own benefit ...many seem to be co-opting the violent and criminal acts by these thugs to to target and blame a whole host of people.

anybody can reply or correct me as I've just come up to speed on the Ferguson story.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832805
03/13/15 06:14 PM
03/13/15 06:14 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
@ Get...I need to apologise straight away, I made the comment about the reporter getting mugged, and I took it out of context. To explain, I saw it at 5:30am in a hospital waiting room (my newborn is in getting heart surgery) on silent, spliced in rather neatly with the Ferguson news. So take my resulting MLK comments as bullshit, some confusion and lack of sleep is my excuse at the moment

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: fergie] #832809
03/13/15 06:53 PM
03/13/15 06:53 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Ferg,

Most importantly...sending well wishes to your newborn..and hope you and your family are doing well ...

EVERYTHING else....is meaningless

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832812
03/13/15 07:09 PM
03/13/15 07:09 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Thanks mate, its maybe why Ive been a bit outspoken recently, sorry to anyone I might have pissed off a bit recently. Its been really good though throughout it all posting (cranky stuff no doubt!) and keeping an eye on the boards smile

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832813
03/13/15 07:18 PM
03/13/15 07:18 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
@fergie - Will keep your baby in my thoughts and prayers too. Wish him, you and your family all the best.

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832815
03/13/15 07:34 PM
03/13/15 07:34 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Thanks Faithful, really good of you to say

Don't let this hijack the thread though, continue as normal (I'll take a bow on this one for now though)

Re: ferguson mo. after the verdict. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #832816
03/13/15 07:36 PM
03/13/15 07:36 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
@gets - I'll respond to some of these points that you made:

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Obama,Holder, and especially Sharpton have nothing to do with the looting, rioting, or shootings,neither do outside agitators. Since the late 1960s there have been episodes of rioting and looting as a reaction to tensions between Black people and police/judicial system.Things generally turn the ugliest following police being acquitted of charges. The lip service that Obama & Holder paid to the case all along and the token investigation findings and firings seemed to have been done to actually mollify the protesters and to quiet them down. Even in the chaos of high tension protests , the shooting of the officers AFTER the firings/resignations don't make sense or follow the pattern of these types of events.

I read that Sharpton was booed off the stage at funeral service for MB and that the people of Ferguson have made it known that they didn't want him involved, so what he has to do with the violence that took place I will never know.

Same way that thugs co-opted the protests in Ferguson for their own benefit ...many seem to be co-opting the violent and criminal acts by these thugs to to target and blame a whole host of people.

Actually Obama, Holder and Sharpton do have much to do with it. I watched the events of Ferguson from the beginning and have relatives in St. Louis. The three of them helped spread misinformation and made pre-emptive judgments on the police in Ferguson in general and Officer Darren Wilson in particular. They helped create the particular mindset that exists in Ferguson today. The article that I cited from the Daily Beast (a liberal/left publication) explains why: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...on-tragedy.html

Outside agitators also did make a difference. There were anarchists, many of whom participated at one of the recent G7 conferences where protestors engaged in vandalism and property damage. They actually trained many of the protestors in left-wing agitation. This helps to explain why as time progressed the protesting became more and more Marxist. You can read the anti-police rhetoric on this anarchist website, for example: http://anarchistnews.org/tags/ferguson
CNN also discussed anarchists in Ferguson: http://cdn.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/20...-Causing-Unrest
This site links the funding for the anarchists to a left-wing millionaire named Jack Dorsey: http://www.the-spearhead.com/2014/08/18/who-are-the-anarchists-in-ferguson-and-whos-funding-them/
The Huffington Post mentioned that the New Black Panthers came in from outside Ferguson: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/ferguson-protests_n_5689963.html

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull