Originally Posted By: Turnbull
There is no doubt that some, perhaps more than some, in Congress don't want to give Obama what he wants because, consciously or not, they don't want a black man to succeed. But racism alone doesn't explain Obama's failures. And, remember that, despite pervasive racism in America, Obama was twice elected president by a largely white electorate, running against white candidates.

Faith1 and I have had a pretty long discussion , so perhaps it's a bit hard follow my points, but I haven't said or implied that any elected official is primarily motivated by race or racism.I most certainly haven't said that about the situation involving Iran. Partisanship trumps almost everything...always.(if only for survival)

I also never said or implied that the majority of American people hold racist views.

Never wrote or implied that Obama's failures were because of racism.

If you find instance of me writing any of these things..please provide a link so that I can edit them...but I can't defend points that I did not make.

What I will say.
The actual numbers of adults being "caught" expressing slurs and racial hatred on camera, emails, social media about Obama or Blacks is infinitely small relative to the population of the country, but it gives a public face to sentiment that obviously exists.The fact that Obama was elected twice doesn't change that.

As of today 3/11/15 there are at least two instances of members quoting film or tv scenes with Black ethnic slurs on this site for "fun". Still up.no warning from mods to "cut it out" or "tone it down".This is America so people have the right to write what they want and I have right to place them on ignore. Those comments have NOTHING to do with with the 99.99% of the people who, even when they disagree with me, show common courtesy. But the ones who wrote it felt comfortable enough to do it.

And like I wrote earlier...disagreeing with a policy might evoke anger or even profanity but when slurs start being tossed around it's clear that the disagreement goes way beyond his(Obama's) policies.