Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
3.I maintain that the level of overt racism and the rise of ugly of Black stereotypes in popular media is a direct response to Obama being elected.

There is no doubt that some, perhaps more than some, in Congress don't want to give Obama what he wants because, consciously or not, they don't want a black man to succeed. But racism alone doesn't explain Obama's failures. And, remember that, despite pervasive racism in America, Obama was twice elected president by a largely white electorate, running against white candidates.

I couldn't possibly agree more with that assessment. Obama could not have won a single election without the White vote, let alone two. Now I agree that his Presidency has awakened some latent racism in A LOT of White people. Some of them probably didn't even know they were racists until they had a Black President. But the man has been a complete and abject failure, on everything from the way he communicates to the masses to foreign policy. And he can't possibly blame that on racism (although his spin doctors and media puppets certainly try their best to present it that way).

Another good post

Kind of a scary thought, we say we've come along way but have we?

Yes, we've come a long way. I think it was Don Imus who said that we haven't advanced at all since Selma. This was around 2006. And that was about the most ridiculous fucking thing I've ever heard. And I always liked Imus. But Selma? Are people still burning crosses? Are Black folks still getting lynched? Give me a break, Don.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.