Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
I just happen to believe that Israel is the barrier to peace talks with the Palestinians, to them they are not doing wrong but to many [myself included] their is a belief that Israeli occupation is indeed a barrier to peace.

Palestinians have suffered terribly from a lack of peace. But, so far they have failed to acknowledge how their delusions of "throwing the Jews into the sea," coupled with their own bad choices and decisions, have created barriers to peace. Case in point:

Arafat died in November 2004, leaving his family in Switzerland richer by the ~$2 billion he embezzled from his own people. Mahmoud Abbas became leader of the Palestinian Authority. He seemed to be interested in peace, so the Israeli government turned over Gaza to the PA--in the process uprooting 9,000 Jewish settlers, some forcibly, so the Palestinians wouldn't be troubled by any Jews in their midst. The Palestinians promptly installed Hamas, a Muslim terrorist organization whose charter calls for Israel's destruction. Article 13 of the Hamas Covenant states: "There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."

Hamas rained 7,000 rockets on Israel, and provoked two wars with Israel, using its own people as shields, its own hospitals, schools and mosques as weapons centers, so that they could parade the suffering they inflicted on their own people to the world's media as "Israeli war crimes." Hamas still rules Gaza because the Palestinians want to believe that Israel, not Hamas, is responsible for their suffering.

If a Muslim terrorist organization like Al Quaeda, which wants to destroy the US because we are a Christian-majority
nation, won an election in southern Canada or northern Mexico and started raining rockets on Minnesota or Texas, how long would it take any of us to demand that our government do everything in its power to stop them?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.