Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Binnie Coll,I would go even farther and say Coona was by far more ruthless than Featherstone.From what I have read,the docs I have seen,without Coonan he was a nobody.Or as Joe Coffey says,"Featherstone would have been cleaning toilets without Coonan".He was a killer no doubt.But when he went in with Coonan he was way over his head.Featherstone wasn't prepared to kill guys he grew up with like Coonan was and did.Or cutting up bodies.Featherstone was content making enough cash to snort coke,drink booze get a couple of whores and that is about it.Coonan was the true gangster who wanted to form alliances,kill whoever and continue to grow.Featherstone was nowhere near the gangster as Coonan.Ofcourse I have no firsthand knowledge just books

yes, you are correct. all the books about the westies say the same, Coonan went to the mens restroom in a club one time, a man in the restroom said something Coonan did not like and, Coonan killed him on the spot, a real unbalanced gangster.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"