Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
What is the "honest discussion" about Israel?

Honest discussion is where individuals are allowed to express their opinions about individual jews, israelis, Israeli policies, without instantly being labeled anti-semites.

American media is disproportionately controlled by jews, and those working in those industries have to play politics or face repercussions.

im not going to say they don't have a right to exist, however the way they treat the palestians is certainly worth a discussion about their tactics.

and because someone disagrees with Israel about their policies or their foreign aid, they should not be labled anti-Semitic, that is indeed wrong. it limits debate to be slurred as anti-semtic.

What's the specific issue with how they treat Palestinians? You do know that before Israel fought back during the last skirmish that Hamas had been shooting rockets/missiles into civilian areas of Israel for a month? You also do know that the Gaza Strip is controlled by Hamas, and that Hamas is a recognized terrorist group that's part of the Muslim Brotherhood and has the destruction of Israel in its charter? Do you also know that before Israel targets a building, whether a home or a business, that it will call first with a warning before bombing to minimize civilian casualties (tell me what other country in the world does that?)?

im never going to defend hamas or any terrorist group, but, Israel defends their occupation by never admitting that they are wrong.

I just feel that what Israel does to the palestinians does nothing to help the peace process in that region.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"