Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
What is the "honest discussion" about Israel?

Honest discussion is where individuals are allowed to express their opinions about individual jews, israelis, Israeli policies, without instantly being labeled anti-semites.

American media is disproportionately controlled by jews, and those working in those industries have to play politics or face repercussions.

im not going to say they don't have a right to exist, however the way they treat the palestians is certainly worth a discussion about their tactics.

and because someone disagrees with Israel about their policies or their foreign aid, they should not be labled anti-Semitic, that is indeed wrong. it limits debate to be slurred as anti-semtic.

Completely agree Binnie and Getthe, I have never been a fan of Israel or their tactics, and whatever is said about Obama, the speech and set up by Netanyhu was completely undermining. The only country in the Middle-East I have time for at them moment is Jordan, who actually have fairly decent relations with Israel.
It is so true also that any negative opinion you have towards Israel you are labelled anti-semitic, America, and my birth country Britain I feel favour Israel far too much.
With Palestine, what seems to happen in my eyes is, Palestine will kill a few Israel's which of course is wrong, but in retaliation Israel will kill hundreds of Palestinians.
However I have sympathy that they share borders with neighbours hostile to them and Jews, so it really is a tough situation.