Originally Posted By: Joerusso
Ivy League you are right...The desire to be into orgsnize crime is getting smaller and smaller. I agree but what, In my opinon, strives the criminality is one, the fact that many of these kids are exposed to that life simply because they flirt with many ventures such as gambling, drug dealing, skimming, etc and that open doors for those who are wise ...second for those whose uncle/father/brother whoever, was involved gives them a advantage into knowing people and getting involved in some manner. And the third is my strongest belief that, who dont want to be involved in skimming union, politicians, connections worldwide and having the opportunity to take on bigger avenues than one who is just a regular criminal with tho no access to many outlets. Thats a huge advantage knowing "hey this degenrate in lowell owe us 25 thousands bannanas, we want you to take over his resturaunt and use your construction company to rebuild it...I mean that dont happen to a regular joe shmo who just did 7 years for whatever and has no plugs.
I think that they made a great number of people since mannochio take over.... I really believe its more than 50 more like 65-75 no more than that.... With the names I mentioned and the other people who got made with example dinunzio kid..I dont know how many other people was made...Do any of yous ? That ceremony right there brings number never mind the fact some of his buddies and relatives probably are fondling with the life and that opens doors for the friends and their friends and the cousins and their cousins and their friends and so on....So I believe I mentioned 10 -12 people who is new button men and who ever else ...But yea Ivy sad to say your reasons are very more likely to occur than my "wishful" thinking sort of speak

You can believe whatever you want (wishful thinking?) but the family having 65-75 members is ridiculous. And I'm not sure how you would be in a position to know who has been made, and how many have been made, in recent years. And how likely is it, if you were in such a position to know this, would you be here talking about it on an internet forum?

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Despite what Wiseguy and Tommy is saying, Joe Russo isn't the only one. There's also someone actually from the area over on the Real Deal forum, who's usually been pretty reliable, Luca Brasi, saying the same things about New England/Boston/Providence in the modern day. They aren't as extinct or defunct as these two are trying to imply. Guys are getting out of prison and coming home, and according to him, again, the guys been pretty reliable before, while there isn't a million and one Italians desiring to join the mob in those areas, there still a lot of young men who are aspiring to be apart of the organization and doing books and having crews under other guys. He does say that "crews" aren't the kind of what you'd expect in the past, but moreso a couple of guys doing their own thing and have no problem with passing up an envelope or two to a made guy in the area. Sooo, yeah...

When you say "Wiseguy," I don't know if you're referring to me but I've never said New England is extinct. In fact, I've repeatedly pointed out the significant amount of mob activity in the region over the past 15 years. That said, it's one of the few remaining small families outside New York and the ongoing decline is evident. It just hasn't been as quick as many predicted.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.