Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Yet Avellino stayed and was unharmed after D'Arco hightailed it out of there. And remained a large part of the Lucchese hierarchy the years following that supposed hit attempt.

That's true. But I stand by my assertion that had Casso never been arrested he would have hit Sal, who I know for an absolute fact he resented like crazy for his business savvy and especially his money. Then he would have hit Carmine just to be safe.

Now I don't give two shits for D'Arco. But there was a lot of resentment geared towards Avellino. Same exact situation as Mikey Salerno. They hit him because they wanted the fucking dump. No other reason. Then they tried to brand him a rat after the fact to justify it. And Mikey Salerno was no fucking rat. They would have used the same line of bullshit if they had hit Sal. Casso resented intelligence as much as he resented his underlings having more money than him.

I'm glad the Feds fucked him over. By rights, he ratted and he should be out. But fuck him. That's one guy that shouldn't even be given a fucking aspirin if he develops stage four cancer.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.