Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
They were going to kill him. Period. And it doesn't justify his snitching. You take the oath, you go down guns blazing if need be. But my point was that the hotel paranoia was irrelevant to what would have eventually happened. They were going to pop him. No ifs, ands or buts.

Avellino lucked out, too. Casso was so fucking jealous of that man's business savvy and wealth that he would have eventually ordered him murdered. No doubt in my mind. But look at them both now.

Fuck Anthony Casso. A serial killer in an Italian suit is still a serial killer. And that piece of shit (and rat, by the way) is still in prison. And Sal Avellino is still a ten handicap grin.

Pizza, folk like Casso make me think that certain people should be locked up before they kill. He just comes across as a completely unstable lunatic in his interviews. The only thing that could probably calm him down is medical/nutritional care.

And about the 'guns blazing' concept. It seems to me like the gangsters with the greatest longevity in Cosa Nostra are the ones with the formidable reputation of being too difficult to whack. You don't even want to call them in because they might switch it up on you and do you in instead. It just seems that way. I don't know. Maybe guys like Sonny Franzese were getting called in left and right and constantly tested. But I doubt it.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."