Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
They were gonna whack him as sure as it's gonna rain in England this week (and that's not sarcasm about your location, just an expression).

What's the difference if the threat was imminent? His getting spooked probably saved Sal Avellino's life, too. They envied that guy's money so much that they surely would have hit hit if they didn't get pinched when they did. Just for fucking spite. That's what you were dealing with back then.

And I'm not excusing D'Arco for being a rat. I read that book and it was okay. But there was plenty of bullshit in it, especially about the Bronx and Harlem factions of the family, who Al barely knew.

But he was a dead man walking. A real man of honor would have went out in a blaze of glory, and he ran to the Feds like a pussy. But make no mistake. It wasn't paranoia. They were gonna whack him sooner rather than later.

Wasn't D'Arco allies with Crea and other guys from the (Bronx)? And didn't he despise Baratta on a personal and business level (Harlem)?

Just my personal opinion without getting through all the other posts on the thread yet but I think The Kimberly Hotel assassination attempt was all in D'Arco's head. It's a ridiculous place to whack someone and his theory about why guys were fidgety and going on regular toilet breaks sounded like total paranoia.

I don't think he was a stand up guy. I think he was a coward and a bully.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.