Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
He was in trouble & no doubt would have got whacked just like anybody else who fuked up with gas & vic

You're dead wrong if you think you had to fuck up with those two scumbags to end up dead. They killed more guys out of envy than anything else. Then the rat lies came out to try to bullshit the skippers. But they all knew. Especially the Bronx and Harlem guys.

They killed Mikey Salerno, an old man and stand up guy to his very core, because they wanted the dump in Pennsylvania. The guy probably would have given it to them. That's how he was. He was no threat but they killed him out of pure jealousy and spite. Then they had the audacity to call him a rat after he was gone. Fuck Anthony Casso. He was no criminal genius. He was a serial killer who was lucky to survive the '80s.

They could have easily got him the first time. & I think he's been watching way too many Godfather movies

Life imitates art. Especially in that life. Can you imagine if Youtube was around back then with those moronic videos voiced over by guys who sound like Prince Harry doing a Tony Soprano impression?

Doesn't make sense they would need to set up several meets just to lure Al into a trap. Maybe the chin would do that since he's a crafty old fuk

But not gas.

Again, he was a dead man walking, so what's the difference when he ran to the Feds? And again, he's a pussy for going that route. But he was dead either way, so I don't see why getting spooked at the hotel was any different than if he waited a week.

It's funny you mention Vince, though. If Casso survived a little longer on the street, Chin would have whacked him, knocked down Amuso, and then backed the Bronx/Harlem faction of that family. You can take that to the bank

You have to understand that in the Bronx and Harlem back then, the Luccheses and Genovese families worked so closely together that they may as well have been the same family.

And it's still like that here in the Bronx. If the Brooklyn loyalists who just got out were crazy enough to take on the Bronx Luccheses, they'd be taking on the the Westside as well. You have no idea how much money they make together, particularly in construction.

Oh not implying gas & vic won't whack u if u did nothing wrong, but I was merely pointing out that yes, D'arco was in trouble BUT I don't think he was getting popped just yet

Maybe they still needed him onboard seeing they were on the lam & again I'm in no illusions as to the fact he was marked for death

However just pointing out (IMO) he wasn't going to get popped at the first or second meet. Gas would not have to set up multiple meets just to lure Al in. If gas wanted u dead, forgetabout it! He wouldn't play these come meet me today, I'll see u next week, tell Al's driver to do a runner after he drops him off, tells a guy who wasn't supposed to be at the meet to suddenly turn up & go into a toilet, come out missing a bulge.

That is not Gas's style. And if anyone believes Al was going to get whacked at this meet, then why were they smart enough to tell Al's driver to dissapear yet have NO backup team in place.

When gas got up and literally ran, why didn't anyone chase him? There were other hits ordered by Gas where the victim sensed he was getting it, and tried to make off but was chased and dragged back inside

Nobody chased him because they were just as startled as he was as to why he decided to do the running man

Now, if he gave them the slip, surely a team of guys can keep a close eye on an intended target. Put simply he wasn't even a target on that given day.