Originally Posted By: conopizza
This is what you want to start with, Hotdog-- cover story New York magazine, 29 January 1990--

https://books.google.com/books?id=YrUA24...ace&f=false

Alfa, if you've been to that part of Staten Island you'd see how the murder of Everett Hatcher is totally plausible... Steroids and cocaine are a very bad cocktail, as this and other cases demonstrate... What suspicions do you have?

What's bizarre, if you read the Al D'Arco book-- which I highly recommend, despite all caveats (it's worth reading just for Brooklyn & Prince St content alone)-- is that there was any hesitation-- other than fear-- of killing Farace.

My suspicions are that Farace might have had help from law enforcement in hitting Hatcher. That is just based on the connection Farace's uncle, Scarpa, had with law enforcement.

It's not inconceivable. Supposedly, FBI agents were guarding Nicky Black (Nicholas Grancio) who was a target of Scarpa. Scarpa supposedly called DeVecchio, and then all of a sudden the agents were called to a "meeting", and the mark was then hit. My suspicions are that this might be similar to the way Hatcher was gunned down.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."