Originally Posted By: CleanBandit
Alfosgirl, you are to a certain extent around about Cosa Nostra and today's gangbangers. However, I believe that today's gangbangers use a lot more drugs which cause them to be more violent.

You are right. In the LA areas, Fresno, Hemet, and Santa Ana here in Orange Co there is more violence but it is getting better. It was a lot worse in the 1990's with the violence and drugs. Then they starting locking up generations of gang bangers. If you were affiliated with a gang and you were a teenager you'd get locked up until you were 25. That's how they solved the gang problem in southern California in the mid 90's.

You would be surprised to know that most of these guys I grew up with were NOT troublemaker types. This was the early to mid 80's when you still fought like men with your fists or a knife not with guns like cowards. These cholos did well in school, played sports, respected the teachers and staff, and blended in with the rest of us for the most part. There were maybe 3 or 4 that caused trouble. The ones dealing drugs were level headed guys who did not do the drugs they were selling. (A few did) It was a family business. Their fathers, uncles, older brothers brought them in once they were old enough to act like men. It was strictly weed and cocaine and "whack" which was pcp. Every so often there would be a turf war and things would go down but for the most part things were pretty peaceful.
When people started doing crystal meth and heroin then things changed. I wasn't around these guys then but heard that they missed the days when everyone was happy with a dime of weed and/or an 8 ball lol

Edit: AND I need to add that some did commit crimes can't forget that

Last edited by Alfanosgirl; 02/21/15 07:44 PM.