For clarity!

Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Originally Posted By: Evita
I believe Michael's comment to Tom that Fredo is weak & stupid relates to Fredo not being Don material not that he is a weak & stupid person. One of the examples, after talking to Johnny Ola on his late night phone call Fredo can still come up with “wrong number” answer to his wife!

I think Fredo's "Wrong number" explanation of his phone call from Ola is supposed to show everyone that Fredo really is that stupid.
[Edit} I (obviously) don't know what Ola told him would happen, but one possibility is that they wanted the drapes open so they would see when Michael entered the bedroom so that they could search for papers or some such in Michael's office.

Originally Posted By: Evita
I reckon most people including me under the circumstances would have got flustered! The hit on Michael is botched, then Ola who has got Fredo in 'deep enough already' phoning home late in the night “We need some more help” Perhaps veiled threats “Listen good Fredo” “Your brother's not going to find out we talked” etc.

Sorry I should have clarified -
However as per mustachepete's post perhaps the 'wrong number' is supposed to show everyone that Fredo really is that stupid