Originally Posted By: tiger84
It probably would of been good for the westside to have Al as the official boss because imagine how much they could of controlled this guy and take what ever they wanted when ever they wanted from this guy

I think Vince would have given Al a pass but knocked him down and backed a Bronx/Harlem guy for boss. I made that point in an earlier post (I've probably made it elsewhere over the years, too). Because I know I'm a repetitive pain in the ass, but I can NOT stress enough how closely the Luccheses and the Westside worked together back then. Especially in the Bronx, especially in construction. It remains that way today. Point is, Vince would have wanted a Bronx/Harlem guy in there. And he still would have been the de facto boss.

Like I said, I read the book. And Al's claim about being close to Little Jimmy is absurd. He mentioned that Jimmy ate at La Mela every day. Big deal. The whole world knew that. Jimmy didn't trust his own nose, let alone a weasel (and puppet) like Little Al. That said, Al may have gotten that pass.

It's all moot anyway. Casso and Little Al are both rats who got the fates they deserved.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.