Originally Posted By: Vknicks
In the long run it was never going to work with Brooklyn running the show way to much history of the Harlem/ Bronx guys being in charge and like you said PB, not many people back then could have went head to head with some of these guys in that bronx or mount vernon crew they were some tough guys, and thats not even bringing up the Jersey crew who also had beef with Brooklyn, and had deep Harlem routes from Michael and Marty

Exactly. And we've chatted a bit in the past. Unfortunately I had to disable my pm for ahwile because there are a few stalkers and nuts here, but I'll let you know when I turn it back on.

Anyway, like I said, and as I'm sure you well know, Mount Vernon hardly got any press over the years, so a lot of the "mob watchers" on the boards aren't even aware of them. But I'm old enough to remember Peanuts, and I remember the day he got killed like it was yesterday.

Anyway, the guy who took over for him (who went by initials intead of a name wink ), ran a crew as crazy and fucking dangerous as any I've ever seen. And I've lived with these assholes all my life. And I'm not pretending to be anything I'm not with that statement. But when you're around people for 55 years, you tend to hear a few things. That's all.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.