Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Could Al have formed a coalition of more respected skippers to take out Vic and Gas? Not saying he'd win, but would that have been a completely stupid proposition considering his options? Or was it completely unfeasable?

It could have worked. The Lucchese power was in Harlem forever up until that point. And the Bronx faction was loaded for bear with shooters back then, too. Not to mention the crew that they had in Mount Vernon. And those Lucchese crews were all under the Harlem flag. But most people don't even know that the Luccheses had a crew in Mount Vernon (which, by the way, was one of the most violent bunch of guys I can ever recall).

That being said, Bowat was the wildcard, and a traitor to his own neighborhood, so that would have made things difficult. But look at Stevie today, and look at Bowat.

For that matter, people can believe the Capeci story that Vic is still in power. It doesn't even irritate me anymore. Who would you rather be?

Vic, Gas, and the people who lined up with them all got exactly what they deserved.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.