i find this family interesting because they're not centralized in one city, but spread out throught 2-3 states. since Manocchio got taken down the "power" has been in Boston; the DiNunzio brothers (also locked up now), rumors of Peter Limone, and Spagnolo being labeled as Acting Boss in his recent indictment.

Scott Bernstein, who had been more than credible as a mob reporter, posted an article on his Gangster Report site that speculates that the orders could be coming back from Providence now.
http://gangsterreport.com/patriarcas-parillo-line-top-spot/

Carmen DiNunzio is coming out of jail soon. My guess is that to unify and stengthhen whatever is left of the family, they'll split the admin between RI and MA with guys on the street in official spots.

as far as younger guys and making new members, i posted this on another board... but i doubt they are lacking for recruits. sure kids dont grow up in the little italy of boston or on atwells avenue anymore and come up like the old timers did, but there are plenty of italian kids trying to make money the fast way, into drugs, steroids, scams, bookmaking...that would love to be made. you can say that about any city in the northeast. there are always tons of kids like that. maybe the quality isnt there compared to how the old timers were raise, but the quantity ...