I have no idea but am bored so in the mood for some hypotheticals but I think he hangs it up but he won't have to

Gene is a mans man and did his time like a man , he would be welcomed back IMO if he wants too , there aren't many guys left with his belief in CN , I do feel today's adm. Would recognize this and wouldn't stop him if he still wanted to be active and send in envelopes , if it were me he would be considered for skipper , he ain't no rat , is CN to the core , willing to play DL and more importantly probably still has some relationships and that's what makes the clock go around in CN

I did hear from a very reliable source that he had shy going for some time after he was in , his book was being handled for awhile after 89. Was always curious if he was just collecting or still putting money out there but I woudlnt know that level of detail .

Also curious on his relationship with John Sr after he got went away , did John visit him in prison , did they write each other etc ? Gene and Ang seemed like the only 2 that were willing to challenge Sr.

Gene probably would of been a better boss than John , he wasn't as flamboyant , I heard he was smart and also lucky , something every successful gangster needs