I've read boxers book its pretty good.. I think chris blatchford wrote it, he used to reseach gangs for the news and shit..
Kind of scary how all of the eme shot callers look like dumb cholo gangbangers.. But in reality they are very very smart, well read and educated(I guess when you're doing life in the shu, 23hr a day lock down in pelican bay you have a lot of time on your hands to better yourself and do a ton of reading). If you watch the youtube video of one of his debriefings I was shocked at hell well spoken he is..
Another thing that makes it strange I think is that for a time when he was a child he was raised in an upper middle class white suburb that's actually 10mins up the fwy from where I grew up..I'm shocked they're even thinking about letting him out. The violence he speaks of in his book, especially when he was locked up is pretty savage.. But I guess if they will cut sammy the bull a deal when he's got 19 murders, they will make a deal with anyone..
For these guys being fairly intelligent and well read none of them can seem to get the needle out of their arm.. Literally the whole upper echelon of la eme are all heroin addicts..and they keep using even when serving life in solitary..
For controlling much of the heroin distribution in southern california for all the hispanic street gangs you would think they would see what an absolute mess that stuff turns your life into by seeing all their junkie customers that they would never touch the stuff.. But they fucking love the junk.. Plus its breaking a huge common sense rule if you're a dealer.. Don't get high on your own supply.. Horrible for business.
I would recommend his book if anyone is interested. Its a good read and gives first hand insight into how trecherous that lifestyle is.. I think its called the black hand.. By chris blatchford.