Hello everyone This is a nice civilised board and I hope my writing is nice and civilised too!

My two cents worth!

I do not condone Fredo's murder....wish there was another way. Michael was still trying to get Fredo out of Havana saying Fredo was still his brother I believe Michael only reluctantly decided to kill Fredo after his boathouse outburst

Michael and Fredo, sentiments aside....

I believe Michael's comment to Tom that Fredo is weak & stupid relates to Fredo not being Don material not that he is a weak & stupid person. One of the examples, after talking to Johnny Ola on his late night phone call Fredo can still come up with “wrong number” answer to his wife! Fredo has a good heart, an example he was the only one who supported Michael joining the Marines

First of all what was Fredo doing outside the family, discussing business deals with Ola whom he 'bumped' into, in Beverly hills

What was the little help Fredo was asked to give to Hyman Roth to close the deal fast knowing Michael was being tough on negotiations

What was the something that was promised to Fredo He was Mafia family and would have known there was no chance he could operate on his own, outside the Corleone family. Hence the something, I believe, is the Donship which Fredo can only get if the current Don, Michael is dead

What did Fredo think was going to happen through the window glass pane of Michael & Kay's bedroom, the drapes of which were presumably & arguably opened by Fredo, so that the assassins would know which was Michael's bedroom and can have a clear view inside?

Fredo was mad at Michael for reasons, real or imaginary. If his little help rewards him with the Donship that was 'rightfully' his but was stepped over, at Michael's death, Fredo was happy to be the Don (albeit a puppet one controlled by Roth) I believe the “You guys lied to me” to Ola was that they had not delivered on their promise that Michael would be dead and Fredo the new Don

Why was Fredo lying about knowing Roth & Ola if he didn't have anything to hide, if he was only trying to help the family, even if his good intentions backfired And it is possible Fredo did not or could not see the consequences of his actions, beyond getting the Donship

There was also the other traitor who killed (slit their throats!) the two machine gun armed assassins The astute Roth probably courted two traitors without them knowing about the other

Finally if Fredo was sincere that he did not know it was going to be a hit, he never even apologised to Michael considering the entire Michael Corleone family (the children come and play with their toys) could have been wiped out if the assassination was successful No remorse at all still seething, resentful at being stepped over not even respecting their late father's ruling because it ain't the way Fredo wanted it