Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Because from what I've read Basciano was well respected, and not only among Cosa Nostra circles. And I know we're talking about gangsters, but being well respected still is a testament of someone's character.

Of course. I've never sugarcoated that part of the man's life. You kill people, you go to jail. You play, you pay, and all that. But Cicale is a much worse human being than Vinny ever was. We were neighbors here in Throggs Neck for years. His boys grew up with my daughters (and I make no excuses for his boys' decisions either).

I'm back in the Bronx on property business for a few days. Check my ip thing, see if I'm not posting from less than a hundred yards from where Vinny lived with his family back then (not that I have anything to prove).

Yes, Vinny's a criminal. But there are far worse people who the government has gleefully given get-out-of-jail-free cards. And Cicale is one of the worst. He's the scum of the earth, born to White Trash, and that's just how he'll die. Hopefully in the fucking street like some of his victims.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.