Originally Posted By: Belmont
Basciano was an interesting guy. In an excerpt from his book, he was pinched for heroin( i think) in the late 80's or early 90's. Took it to trial and won a fed case which is very rare.

Beating that case was an absolute miracle. He said goodbye to his wife, kids and friends the night before it was over. No one was more surprised than he was when he beat it.

This was around '94 because it was when he just moved back to Throggs Neck after a year or so in Westchester. So he was basically playing with house money for ten years (he was indicted for the murders in '04, and surely would have gotten twenty on the heroin case if he didn't beat it).

Originally Posted By: JerseyShine
Didn't his dope have stamps on it like "Goodfellas" and/or "Godfather?"

Blue Thunder.

Originally Posted By: JerseyShine
Anyone ever try it? If so how was it?

Please, no junk talk. You put that shit in your arms and you pretty much deserve an early grave (not you, personally, buddy, just a peeve of mine smile ).

Originally Posted By: pmac
Must have been the greatest year 90 in Vinny life.

Not remotely. Vinny made more in the '80s. He had everything from video stores to sandwich shops to bars to his social club all along Tremont. From Westchester Square all the way up to the Marina del Rey. That's a lot of ground.

His bad luck started when he got the button. It usually does. That's why it's such a catch-22, especially these days.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.