Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
[quote=VegasMikey]I forgot where I read it, but supposedly after they told Cassela he was on the shelf and not to show his face in philly, cassela tried to shake chin's hand. Haha, obviously Gigante didn't shake his hand and said "get the fuck out of here".
Wow,if Casella was in on this move then the whole non handshake was just a move to exonerate Chin from any involvment. Chin could not shake his hand as it would be admitting to allowing a Boss to be killed. Casella was supposed to DIE. Period. Why he gets a pass I do not know.
There is also a story out there about Frank Costello spiting on the floor at Chins feet after Frank Costello refused to testify against Chin as the shooter who shot Frank in the head after Chin extended his hand in Frank Costello's direction and saying "Thank's Frank". What ever the true story is who the hell know's? Testa was a Sicilian , Scarfo HATED Siclian's and always called them GREEDY and TREACHEROUS. I do not ever remember reading or hearing about Phil Leonetti ever even meeting Chin. The main thing here is who did the Chin want to take over Testa inherited the spot cause he was the # 2. Making Scarfo # 3 behind Pete Casella who was Testa's 1st choice for the UB spot. Scarfo fully expected to be named to the # 2 slot by Testa and was pissed when he did not get it. Again only speculation about all of this but it is food for thought.

Last edited by downtown; 02/10/15 10:36 AM.

wise old owl sat on a oak , the more he heard the less he spoke , the less he spoke the more he heard , wasn't that a wise ole bird.