Originally Posted By: Tonytough

No I am not misinformed, it's in all the mob history books that Albert wanted to avenge Costello but as we saw it didn't happen. & yes I have read that Bonanno claims to have acted as mediator between Albert & Genovese

Now I keep reading posts about how many loyal guys Costello had under him, & I'm not doubting that BUT what I'm trying to point out is nobody gave two fuks to go after Galante over it.

Whereas if Galante did that to carlo's or a modern day tough guy did that to John Gotti's grave & his son John Jr was still on the streets, there is a high chance of retribution. I mean Gotti jr tried to get Curtis Sliwa hurt just for badmouthing his father, forget about bombing his tomb

I'll say this again, quit talking about how much power Costello wielded before his death, NOBODY within his circle would touch Galante over it even if they knew he did it.

Unless Costello had very powerful blood relatives who took it "personally" as in the case of Paul Castellano/ Gotti jr as mentioned above, those still loyal to Costello would know it was bad for "business" to go after Galante. Afterall frank is dead, he's hardly going to thank his men or friends who are still living & potentially risking their lives vs a serial killing "self imposed" boss of the Bonanno's

I think that's pretty ridiculous to say personally. It hasn't happened, how can one assume what anyone would do if they bombed Carlo Gambino's grave or John Gotti's. I'm pretty sure that if someone damaged John Gotti's grave or Gambino's today, nobody would care nor would anything be done. The proof is in the pudding, a bum robbed valuable pieces of Fat Tony Salerno's mausoleum in 2013. And nobody did anything, the guy ended up being caught by the police. If no one did anything then, they most likely won't be doing anything now for John Gotti or Carlo Gambino.