Originally Posted By: TonyG
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: bigboy
Clearly the accident was the fault of the Gotti boy. Part of the problem is that Favara made no effort to go talk to the Gotti family. Who knows whether this would have helped or not knowing the tempers of Gotti and his wife, but as a matter of common decency he should have made the effort. I did read somewhere that Carniglia dissolved the corpse in acid

You only have the Gottis version to support the idea that he never tried to apologize. For all we know he could have been apologizing when Vicki hit him with the baseball bat. Who knows? But I doubt it would have made much of a difference either way.

A New York cop is on record in one of the newspapers that Favara tried to apologize to the Gotti family. Favara asked the cop to stand at the street when he went to the door to offer his condolences to the Gotti's. The Gotti's would have none of it and Vicki did run him off.

Favara sent flowers to the funeral home, which were evidently thrown in the trash.

Witnesses said it was an accident, and that the kid came from between 2 cars and there was no way Favara could have prevented it from happening.

Thanks, Tony. So there you go.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.