Originally Posted By: Turnbull
The weather is better in LA. But, LA is not really a city--it's a sprawl of urban and suburban areas. You must have a car to get around in the LA area and the traffic is beyond horrendous. New York has an efficient public transportation system and has a lot to do and see in a far more compact area.
The transportation is definitely a plus point in NY.

Originally Posted By: Footreads
Well what ever school you mention and place you want to go you better make it your priority pick or you won't get in.

On LA I hope it sinks in the fucking ocean. My best friend lives there he knows I will never travel there and I won't even buy anything from there.

For me NYC is the place even though it has become another liberal city. But not for me. I don't hang out with liberals. I do hangout with soccer people. Since I never talk to them about politics I have no clue how they feel and I am not interested in finding out

What's schools are you interested in attending realistically?

If you want to come to NYC don't let schools in Queens or Brooklyn stop you from going. They are less then an hour from Manhattan.

One semester sure Your never go back after that one semester smile
I forgot to mention I can only go to the schools my school has a partnership with. The one in NY is the Baruch college and in LA it is CSU long beach.

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
When it's in the air, you'll know what you're hoping for. lol.

In all seriousness though I've only been to NYC so I can't speak about LA. It was as you can expect, urbanized, fast-paced and messy but if you already live in a metropolis or big city then you must be used to that.
NY is the cultural center of the world as they say, but LA is also very interesting, Hollywood, the movies, etc which I'm sure are an interest of yours.
What do you study, yigido? Because if your major is anything related to entertainment, film, etc then the choice is obviously LA, but if it's finance or marketing, then it's NYC for you my man.
Yeah I am studying business right now but I still haven't made my choice regarding the direction I will take marketing or finance. So NY would be the better choice career wise.

Originally Posted By: SC
I don't see where there is even a doubt. New York City is THE destination to see/live in once in your lifetime.

It is the world's cultural center. Its citizens are no ruder than any others; in fact, most of them are quite helpful.

Why would you want to live in a place where you NEED a car for most every day things? Why live in a place under constant fear of your building coming down on top of you in an earthquake?
My taughts exactly and I was 100% sure that I would choose NY as my priority choice, but a lot of people around me say that I should go to LA.

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Definitely NYC unless you can go to UC San Diego. California is one of the most beautiful states with the best climate on earth but NYC WINS as far as giving you exactly what you want as an exchange student. Then you can take a trip to LA in the winter when NYC is miserable and cold.
Today it's 75 by me. Beautiful.

I was thinking about this and I will probably do it if I have the time.

One problem in NY will be the rent from what I can see, it is amazing what you have to pay for a room close to the university which is in Manhattan.