Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Here is a question for the legal minds. By Nicodemo pleading guilty in a state case and while he awaits to be sentenced, he decides (or maybe already has) to cooperate Federally, does that then allow the Feds to make recommendation for a lenient sentence on the charge based on his cooperation or can they then take over the case and be sentenced Federally? Just trying to make sense of the plea.

The Feds will be dangling some very tempting bait in front of him in the coming months. The State's done with him, the Feds aren't. Especially if they think they can get to Merlino. Now I reiterate that some solid Philly people have told me that he'll stand his ground. But the Feds will be breaking his balls for awhile at the very least.

And Beans, the short answer to your question is that the Feds can pressure the State to release a guy to them any time they want. The State doesn't technically have to comply. But they usually do. And in mob cases, I can't think of a single instance where they didn't comply.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.