Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Is Alite Albanian as in Albania/Kosovo/Montenegro Albanian or is he Arbereshe?
Because when it comes to Arbereshe it wouldn't surprise me if there have been people made before in the Mafia who were part or even completely Arbereshe. They have Italian surnames, are culturally almost completely Italian and most of them wouldn't probably described themselves as "Albanian".

The Wiki says he's Kosovo Albanian, and I'm probably guessing his last name has been Americanized, as originally it was probably Aliti or Haliti.
I've heard about cases of Albanians getting inducted into some of the 'ndrinas. I won't even mention the Sacra Corona Unita which is full of Albanians, so much as the boss comes over to Albania regularly. I know this for a fact.
If we're talking about Arbereshe then they're pretty much Italians, just with an old Albanian descent. There have been plenty, I think Johnny Dio was one. Then again pretty much everybody born in Piana degli Greci (Albanesi) in Sicily is most likely Arbereshe, along with other pockets throughout Italy.
That's why I was curious about Alite, I wanted to know if there's any Albanian becoming made in America, cause there have been cases in Italy.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso