I heard a good story about how kind Joe Bonanno was to this kid who worked for him.

This kid (teenager) was working at the time shining shoes.
Joe noticed the kid was an earner and gave him a job paid him a dollar a day to shine his shoes in late 50's. He left the shoes at a store where the kid could pick up and leave after shine. As he got a little older Joe told the kid I got a real job for u at Wedding hall in Astoria. Go there tell them I sent u. He was hired as a busboy. His main job was to take care of the Bride n Grooms table. They told him that the minimum the tip would be for table is 100 dollars and if u hustle make a lot more from tips at other tables. The kid made 280 his first night.

So the headguy told the kid he had to throw his money in with everyone elses. So the kid threw in his money. He got 50 dollars. In that day it was alot but the kid was pissed out of the 280 he threw in and adding up what other guys should have got he should have walked away with alot more. So what could the kid do but go home with his 50 dollars. He saw Joe the next morning after taking care of his shoes. Joe asked how he made out .He told Joe what happened .Joe said so do me a favor go to that Wedding Hall right now. The kid said he was off. Joe said what did I say. The kid was off to the wedding.

The kid went back to Wedding Hall. When he got there the head guy who told him that he had to throw his money in was there n told him Hey kid I made a mistake here's the 280. So the kid said here is ur 50 back lookin to do the right thing. The guy said no u keep it just tell Joe I took care of U. He never had problem after that.

Last edited by Alfanosgirl; 02/01/15 11:29 AM.